Remember me? Are you itching for an Inconvenient Get Together?

Tom C.
on 5/30/12 4:48 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

The last time I attempted this was the week of the freak Snow storm (or was it the Hurricane)? Either way many were out of power, so I decided to cancel. How about we try it now the weather is a little nicer ? ;D

I know June could be a crazy month (with schools ending), so I will shoot some time frame dates out there, and let’s see who is game.

Week of June 18th

Week of June 25th

Week of July 9 (so I don’t infringe on the Independence Day  planners)

Now in case you have no idea what this is …

REASON: A few of you have mentioned you’d like to get together for a dinner. We can sit around, meet each other, share our trials and tribulations and maybe a few laughs. While we want to help each other lose, maybe we can also help each other gain  … a new friend or two (or 5).

EVERYONE is invited to come. It doesn’t matter which operation you had, or even if you haven’t had a procedure yet, or maybe you’re just “thinking" about it !! COME and have a good time !!

If your apprehensive in attending, let me assure you – you will have a good time. There is NO JUDGING !! We are tolerant of each other’s decisions. In addition, if it means anything, the Food Police are banned from our gathering.

Each time we do this, I will try to “move" the location - since no one location will be convenient for everyone.

Remember this is a GROUP effort. Please feel free to add your suggestion and/or voice your opinion on any suggestion. AND NO HARD FEELING – this is meant to be a pleasant experience

For those who haven’t had the operation yet – you too are more the welcome to come. In fact, you are encouraged to come!! This would be a ‘true-life’ learning experience to see “life after the operation". You will be able to hear what our ups-and-downs are, and you are encouraged to ask as many questions as you want. Other “up-comers" have come, and found it interesting and educational.

Significant others and/or kids are also welcomed (however you may want to leave them behind so you can really enjoy yourself  – it’s up to you)

Finally, please feel free to tell ANYONE you think may be interested, and since I cannot post on every board, feel free to copy and paste this on the boards you frequent.

Please feel free to post and link this on any other forum you peruse (ex. Lapband,  Realize band, RNY, VBG, VSB, etc). The more the merrier !!

Don’t know about you, but I need this :D!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
SI_Mike
on 6/1/12 12:00 am - NY
RNY on 03/23/11 with
Hi Tom! 

I have never attended one of these get togethers, but am interested in meeting new folks and hearing about their experiences...I will make either of the times work for me.  Be Well. 

Mike

HW 484  SW 449  CW 251.5

wannablite
on 6/1/12 10:23 pm - Southern, NJ
 Howdy, Tom! Never been, but where do you have this shindig? Sounds like fun to me and would love to meet some new folks!
Erin
angenoire
on 6/2/12 2:16 am - NJ
RNY on 05/03/12
Hi Tom. I would like to attend and meet some new folks. I have never been to one. Let me know when and where and I will definitely try to make it.

sugarpie
on 6/2/12 9:42 am - Landing, NJ
I have never been to one and would love to go.

Northern NJ would be more convenient for me, but would try to go to any location.

Barbi M.
on 6/2/12 10:16 am - Maplewood, NJ
Hi Tom,
I remember you do you remember me?  This is Barbi McGuire, been on the National Tour of Fiddler on the Roof, and now back in NJ.  I am rehearsing in NYC for the next couple of weeks then I will be in Barnegat doing some summer stock theatre at Ocean Professional Theatre Group.  I will try to make any date the gang pics, but maybe for me June 18 if it is North, and later if it's south.  Miss you and really do need to connect with my WLS family again.

maryc543
on 6/4/12 4:55 am
I miss the IGT's , and will try to re-arrange my schedule to make it whenever...  June sounds good!  Is it North Jersey's turn yet????      I love to meet our Jersey peeps...   and catch up on everyone's news...     Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

wishicouldplay
on 6/4/12 11:50 am
 Ok, I'm new but please don't be scared.  I'd like to join the meet up.  I need help and need to start getting some face to face help.  On-line just isn't enough. 
Tom C.
on 6/5/12 3:44 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Can't wait to meet ya!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
big_ideas
on 6/8/12 2:10 am - Randolph, NJ
Hey everyone. Please see my note on the thread with the plans for June's dinner.

Most Active