Dr Rohit Patel--Cooper Health

msgypsylee
on 7/26/12 11:45 pm
Does anyone have any information about Dr Patel who works out of Cooper Hospital Camden. I have an appt with him to discuss gastric sleeve and can't find much online about him? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

laDeelila
on 10/9/12 8:46 pm - NJ
Hi!
I am scheduled for surgery in January with Doctor Patel. I'm just going through the last of my testing. His team are very welcoming and flexible. I had an original consult with him and he seemed to know his stuff! I spoke with the docs that did my upper GI study and they said that he leaves no stone unturned and wants no surprises so he is very thorough. So far so good. I work for Cooper as well so I better be good

I would love to read more info as well if anyone has already been sleeved!

That's all I can help with for now.
msgypsylee
on 10/16/12 1:33 am
I Met with him a little over a month ago and really liked him. I don't have a surgery date yet. I am going to start all of my testing in Nov. Hopefully I can be scheduled soon after all of my testing is done. My insurance co does not have a previous weight loss plan requirement so I should be able to get approved pretty quickly. Here's hoping.

I love Cooer hospital. My mother had surgery there a few months ago. What a top notch professional team she had. Thats the main reason I decided to consult. with Dr. Patel in the first place.

Do you have your surgery date already?

laDeelila
on 10/18/12 4:10 pm - NJ

My first date was December 13th, but I had to pu**** back to January 2nd because of finals. It seems like a great time starting the new year out with a new me. Although Christmas is goin to suck while everyone is enjoying the holiday feast, I'm going to be sipping on some protein sludge lol! Oh well, I'll clink my glass and say slainte!

My insurance company doesnt require a long diet either, but Ihave had a lot of tests. My first blog on my profile has a list of all my testing if you are curious.

I would love to have a surgery buddy! No one really gets what we go through except the people that are and have gone throught it. believe me it's ridiculous trying to explain it to people lol!

I am finishing up some testing and I would like to meet some people at the support groups. Hopefully they will be helpful! 

Keep me posted with your progress!

Good luck! 
Deneen

'Deneen

Excited and thankful to be on this rollercoaster of a journey!

IdaMae D.
on 12/8/12 5:01 am - Philadelphia, PA

he did my RnY laporoscopic surgery when he was @ Jeanes Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.  I was high risk - he is an amazing surgeon, you are in good hands with him!  He saved my life!!!  My actual surgeon was Dr. Dempsey, who did not do lap but only open surgery.  Dr. Patel was able to do the surgery laporascopically, no complications.  If Amanda and Dawn are still with Dr. Patel you will have one amazing experience.

Ida

IdaMae

msgypsylee
on 12/10/12 11:20 pm

That's great to hear. Thank you so much Ida. I'm glad all went well with you.

IdaMae D.
on 12/10/12 11:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA

How is it going for you did you have your surgery?

IdaMae

IdaMae D.
on 12/10/12 11:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA

PS I am a Jersey girl that moved to Philly when I met and married my hubby.  I grew up in Gloucester County from the age of 5 and raised my two daughters in Gloucester County.  My daughters still live in Jersey :-)

IdaMae

msgypsylee
on 12/11/12 1:35 am

My surgery is scheduled for the second week of Jan. I can't wait go get it over with. Someone dropped out and I have to get all of my presurgery stuff done over the next week or so. Its exciting. I was going to have bypass a few years ago but backed out. I just was never comfortable about that particular procedure. Dr Patel is going to perform a sleeve gastrectomy instead. This feels right for me. I meet with him next week to discuss the final details.

BTW I'm in the Cherry Hill area. Been a Jersey girl my whole love. I love Jerz.

Most Active