My SURGIVERSARY is TODAY!

Sheri A.
on 11/8/12 7:59 pm
Today is November 9....6 years ago today I changed my life forever when I had RNY gastric bypass. I have successfully managed to keep 100 lbs off for 5 years and my weight has been steady for over a year!!!! They say 5 years is the "milestone"...I still continue to watch everything I eat and exercise faithfully, but not to the extreme. Yoga has helped me reshape my body and help my stress levels. I enjoy the dance classes at my gym and consider it my second home! I have so much more energy and can climb high and bend low, touch my toes, almost do a split and shop in any regular clothing store! My diabetes is in control but not gone but otherwise I am in good health at the age of 58! I am lucky to be alive and thank God every day for this life. I think of what my life would be like without the surgery....I think I would be very sick, walking with a cane and probably be a couch potato! I encourage everyone who is suffering from obesity to consider the RNY or Gastric Sleeve surgery....they can always talk to me and I will tell them to GO FOR IT. I run a support group in Union County...feel free to email me: [email protected]
ebonyfigueroa
on 11/9/12 11:59 am
Congrats
sugarpie
on 11/10/12 6:01 am - Landing, NJ

Congrats Sheri!!  Job well done!!

maryc543
on 11/11/12 3:58 am

Congratulations on losing and maintaining!!!!!  You have done so well.    Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Most Active