Looking for a support in Burlington County

abrannume
on 12/18/12 3:30 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

Does anyone know of any support groups in Burlington County?  I had my surg in Philly and really don't like going that far for the support group.

jennirn2005
on 12/19/12 6:55 am
VSG on 02/27/13

Lourdes Hospital in Burlington County has lots of support meetings. 1 888-817-5323. Call for info about support groups. Good Luck!

dimplewimple
on 1/5/13 4:03 pm - NJ
RNY on 02/05/08 with

I do not attend any support group meetings but I see you are in Willingboro. I am in Burlington City. :) If you would like any one on one support please let me know. :)

Dimple

Laureen S.
on 1/24/13 10:04 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

I know you said you don't like to go to Philly for support groups and since you are in Willingboro, I figured I'd let you know that there are support groups at Barix in Langhorne, it is in the Oxford Valley Mall area, on Woodbourne Road, which is probably just as far as Philly and they allow anyone who is looking for support to attend their groups.  We have people from 6 years post-op to pre-ops that attend, and most everyone feels it is a great group.  I am one of the support group leaders there. . .

Post-op meetings every 3rd Wednesday at 7 p.m.

Post-op/Pre-op meetings on the 1st Saturday of each month at 11 a.m. until about 1:30

There is also a group that meets at Virtua Marlton, think they meet once a month on a Tues or Thursday, but I'm unsure of the exact particulars, next time my friend who goes to that one lets me know, I'll post it here. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

AdamReale
on 3/28/13 3:29 am

Dear Abrannume,

The New Jersey Self-Help Group Clearinghouse lists the following support group for Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties. 

BURLINGTON

Celebrate Recovery 12-Step. Christian-based. Fellowship sharing experiences,  strengths and hopes with others who are experiencing similar difficulties for all kinds of addictions. Meets Thurs., 7pm,  Fellowship Baptist Church, 1520 Hainesport Rd., Mount Laurel. Call  856-235-1697 (day). E-mail: [email protected]

Bariatric Support Group Professionally-run. Support for individuals who have undergone gastric bypass surgery or for those considering surgery. Meets 3rd Thurs., 6:30-8pm, Health and Wellness Center, 401 Young Ave., Moorestown. Pre-registration required. Before attending call 1-888-874-8823 (day).

Overeaters Anonymous 12-Step. Fellowship who meet to help one another understand and  overcome their common problem of compulsive overeating. For  information on local meetings call 609-239-0022.

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) Provides emotional support and encouragement through weekly  weigh-ins, informational material and weight-loss lessons. Also open  to children 7 years and older. For meeting information call Suzy  Cress 856-797-8601 (leave message). Check website for local  meetings. Website: http://www.tops.org

CAMDEN  

Bariatric Support Group Professionally-run. Support for adults who had or are consider ting bariatric surgery. Building is handicapped accessible. Meets 3rd Mon., 6-7:30pm, LIFE at Lourdes, 2475 McClellan Ave., Pennsauken. Call 856-668-8291 (day). E-mail [email protected]

Bariatric Support Group Professionally-run. Support for individuals who have undergone gastric bypass surgery or to those considering surgery. Building is handicapped accessible. Meets 1st Mon., 6:30-8pm, Barry D. Brown Education Center, 106 Carnie Blvd., Voorhees. Pre-registration required. Before attending call 1-888-847-8823 (day).

Overeaters Anonymous 12-Step. Fellowship who meet to help one another understand and  overcome their common problem of compulsive overeating. For  information on local meetings call 609-239-0022.

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) Provides emotional support and encouragement through weekly  weigh-ins, informational material and weight-loss lessons. Also open  to children 7 years and older. For meeting information call Suzy  Cress 856-797-8601 (leave message). Check website for local  meetings.  Website: http://www.tops.org

GLOUCESTER

Addiction Recovery Support Group 12-Step. Christian-based. Support for individuals who desire freedom  from any addiction including alcohol, drugs, sex, smoking, gambling,  overeating, codependency, etc. Meets Sun., 8pm, Church of Jesus  Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 259 Lambs Rd., Sewell. Call  856-692-6686 or LDS Family Life Services 212-876-7427 (day).

Celebrate Recovery 12-Step. Christian-based. Fellowship sharing experiences,  strengths and hopes with others who are experiencing similar difficulties for all kinds of addictions. Meets Fri., 7:30pm,  Gloucester County Community Church, 359 Chapel Heights Rd., Sewell.  Call 856-582-0222 ext. 262 (day).

Overeaters Anonymous 12-Step. Fellowship who meet to help one another understand and  overcome their common problem of compulsive overeating. For  information on local meetings call the Overeaters Anonymous South  Jersey Intergroup 609-239-0022.

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) Provides emotional support and encouragement through weekly  weigh-ins, informational material and weight-loss lessons. Also open  to children 7 years and older. For meeting information call Suzy  Cress 856-797-8601 (leave message). Check website for local  meetings.  Website: http://www.tops.org

I hope this is of some help.  Please feel free to contact the NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse if you have additional support group needs.  1-800-367-6274 (in NJ) outside of NJ call 973-989-1122.

Sincerely yours,

AdamReale

Most Active