Looking to Get Revision in NJ

Lynn W.
on 3/6/13 5:27 am - NJ

Hi,

Today, I rejoined OH.  This time, as a person seeking a revision.  I first joined back in early 2008; I had RNY surgery on Dec 28, 2008.  I did well for the first year or so, but then I started slacking off, thinking the surgery would allow me to eat what I wanted and still keep the weight off.  Well, surprise, surprise!  It doesn't work that way.  So, I'm back.

Let me tell you, rejoining this site was not easy for me.  Granted, I made any friends and gained (and gave) lots of support here.  (It's a great site!)  But, returning and rejoining made me face the harsh reality that I really need help.  Again.  I can't believe I'm starting this whole process over (haven't even attended my first info session, nor have I started that whole uphill insurance battle).  ​I can't do this alone.  I do know that.  And that's why I'm back.

I'm scheduled to attend an information session on May 6th. It can't come soon enough.  I am thankful for 2nd chances and, provided I'm given one, I will NOT waste it this time.

xoxo

Lynn 

Well-behaved women seldom make history.  --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

smul3
on 3/12/13 12:20 pm - Williamstown, NJ

Lynn, I just cane back to this site after 12 1/2 years status post gastric bypass. I lost 160 lbs and kept it off until about 5 years ago and kept gaining from there. I have just made a decision to look into a revision. May I ask whom you are going to and what type of surgery you had and what your new surgery will be? I have a consult 3/15 the end of this week.

Thank you

Shirley

Lynn W.
on 3/12/13 12:31 pm - NJ

Hi Shirley,

I had an RNY on 12/29/2008 with Matt Kirkland in Philadelphia.  I am hoping to have a revision to DS. My Dr. of choice would be David Greenbaum, but I've heard he is reluctant to do RNY-to-DS revisions if the RNY was performed open and not laproscopically.  (Mine was open.)

I have not had a consult yet.  I'm in the process of switching insurance carriers, so when that is complete, I plan to schedule a consult. Until then, I'm planning to attend an info session either on 4/1 (in Voorhees) or 5/6 (in Moorestown).

Who is your consult with on 3/15?  Are you excited, nervous?  

I look forward to following your progress!

Lynn 

wana_b_me
on 3/17/13 7:23 am - NJ

HI LYNN DR. WASSER IS MY SURGEON. THEY R ALL SO NICE IN THE OFFICE. MY INITIAL CONSULT WAS IN DECEMBER. THINGS ROLLED ALONG VERY QUICKLY.

Lynn W.
on 3/17/13 11:38 pm - NJ

From what I've been able to gather, your surgery is TODAY!  Praying for you!

Lynn 

smul3
on 3/12/13 10:16 pm - Williamstown, NJ

My consult is with Robert Brolin in Plainsboro this coming Friday. I called Monday and got a consult this Friday. As I used to work for the Bariatric surgeon whom done mine he was his mentor and has been doing revisions for 30 + years. I have mixed emotions at this point. I also had Open RNY and that was considered the gold glove of bariatric surgery at that time. Here's my personal email [email protected] please inbox me there. How did u decide on the DS I am still not really sure.

Shirley

Lynn W.
on 3/17/13 11:40 pm - NJ

Good morning Shirley! How'd your consult go on Friday???

Lynn 

JLS_NJ
on 7/30/13 5:27 am
RNY on 10/15/13
Hi Lynn,

How are you doing? Were you able to get approval? I am trying to determine between the bypass or sleeve. After reading a few people who have had to have revision surgery I am wondering if there is a better option I haven't considered.

Do you have an opinion when the DS is the best option? This is my first wls and I'm waiting to submit for approval. Any advice?

JLS
nfisher
on 8/20/13 11:37 am - NJ
I had my revision done with dr. Wasser who is a partner with dr greenbaum. Dr. Wasser is a great dr to do revisions and he is very honest. If you have any questions let me know
Most Active