size of pouch

smul3
on 4/2/13 2:51 pm - Williamstown, NJ

I am seeking a revision I had GBP in 2000. I lost 158 lbs and regained 100 of them. My surgery was distal becasue my bmi was above 50. Does anyone know what size your pouch should be. I had an endoscopy and they measured the lenght at 6 cm. I believe at surgery the surgeon said my pouch was 30 cc. I dont have any idea how to calculate this. I am going to see the surgeon I have choosen for revision friday. Any knowledge would greatly appreciated.

Shirley

Sheri A.
on 4/29/13 8:00 pm
from what i know it should remain the size of an orange...i am having an endoscopy this week and will ask the doctor.
smul3
on 5/1/13 10:56 am - Williamstown, NJ

thank you. I had endoscopy and was told mine was still small.But I can eat and never feel full.

suzyq1966
on 5/12/13 10:48 am - NJ

I am only about 7 months it and feel that I sometimes don't feel full.  I have done a five day pouch test and it did allow me to feel full again.  It had something to do with the slider foods.  Trying to still keep to protein and veggies and weighing out 4 oz. it seems like good news for you that the pouch is still small.  Hope all goes well with you. Are you aware of any local groups that meet? My surgery was in Philadelphia and the groups are monthly but a pain to go over to the city after work.  I do make the monthly group meeting with the therapists and a small group of Jefferson patients and feel I should still get some one on one with the Trappist too.

I am still feeling my way around this site looking for added support. 

Most Active