new to site and need help with medicaid/united health care community doctor

daniellemarie175
on 4/13/14 1:54 am

hi my name is danielle and I'm new to this website.I am really looking into having weight loss surgery. I have Medicaid and United Healthcare Community Plan.has anybody had this surgery with Medicaid and United Healthcare?so far I found two doctors who take Medicaid so just wondering if anybody else to suggest me some doctors who take Medicaid or United Healthcare Community Plan?does anybody know how long it takes for the insurance to pre approve the process? Going to see my PCP on Friday to talk about weight loss surgery. I am well qualified for it and pretty much meet all these standards needed high blood pressure sleep apnea PCOS high cholesterol and I believe my BMI is in the 50s.

Tina M.
on 4/15/14 8:56 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/14

Hi Danielle, I actually have Medicare as my primary and United Healthcare Community Plan as my secondary... I haven't had my surgery yet, but it is scheduled for April 30th... I didn't have any trouble getting it approved. Where in NJ are you located? Have you been researching the surgeons in your area?

My new life began on April 30th, 2014!  

Start of Pre-Op Diet Weight: 282     Surgery Weight: 268     

daniellemarie175
on 4/15/14 9:34 am

Hi! Thanks for your response.  I actually found another doctor that I may like better in new Brunswick. That is about 45 mins from me. I am meeting with my pcp on friday to discuss everything and hopefully get the ball rolling. I to would the the sleeve surgery. I added you as a friend. I hope everything goes well! What was the wait time for the approval? ?

Tina M.
on 4/16/14 9:20 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/14

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you have an easy process as well! It's good that you found a surgeon that you like. My approval only took about a week. My surgeon's staff is really dedicated. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 

My new life began on April 30th, 2014!  

Start of Pre-Op Diet Weight: 282     Surgery Weight: 268     

Jessica_olds
on 5/20/14 12:57 am

What doctor in New Brunswick did you use? I have the same insurance and am having trouble finding a doctor? 

Laporsha828
on 8/2/16 11:29 am - newark, NJ

Who was your doctor?

Zishaq
on 2/27/15 4:17 am
Hi, the doctors that did approve of ur insurance can u please post their names and or office and phone number please. Thank you!
daniellemarie175
on 1/28/16 9:35 am

Hi. I have not signed on this site in a looonnng time. I just happened to see your post. I had surgery december 4, 2014. I used Dr.Ward in Morristown. He takes United Health Care Community. He was awesome. They got my surgery approved super fast!!! Its a 6 month process thought. You have to go for a crap load of testing at Metabolic Medicine Center Weight & Wellness center. 435 South Street Suite 330 Morristown NJ. Dr Ward will send you there. Its in the same building as him. His address is the same but hes at 

435 South St # 360 Morristown, NJ 07960 (973) 971-7609 (Office)   I hope this helps. You need to get a referral from your PCP before you can see him. Message me if you have any other questions.

{Danielle}

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy - December 4, 2014

Start: 381| Day Of Surgery: 350 | Current: 316 | First Goal:300

Lovexlivexshop
on 1/21/16 6:04 am

I am looking for a bariatric surgeon that accepts uhc community plan. I have been looking for 3 months and can't find one. Which one did you use? Please help. I'm so desperate. Thank you 

Tee85
on 1/26/16 5:30 pm

DR.SADEK. HE HAS AN OFFICE IN SOMERSET NJ AND FREEHOLD NJ.

Most Active