Support Groups?

teresaxxxx
on 5/19/03 2:12 pm - Princeton, NJ
Hi everyone and thanks very much for your input to my previous post! Does anyone know of any support groups for pre and or post operative patients? I haven't heard of any but am very interested in getting together with others in the same "boat" as me! Lots of luck to EVERYONE in their journies!
MatthewsMom04
on 5/19/03 3:41 pm - Bloomfield, NJ
Hi Teresa, I too am looking for support groups near me for pre and post op. It would be great to find and make friend with people so that we can be there for one another. I know it would make me feel much better I have people in my area I can turn to who know what Im going thru. If you have any luck let me know and If hear of anything I will do the same.
lorien
on 5/20/03 11:36 am - morris county, nj
Hey neighbors! I attend a support group at Hackensack Hospital; and I believe I spotted on the Holy Name Hospital (Teaneck) web site that they have a support group also. The one I attend is a private (but free & open to all group) usually 2 Fridays a month. And there are rumors that the hospital itself may be starting on of its own on Thursday night. If you're interested go to yahoogroups.com, ON THE LIGHTER SIDE, feel free to post and watch for meeting dates. Linda
Kelly T.
on 5/22/03 2:58 am - Maplewood, NJ
Hi, I go to the hackensack support group (2 and 4 Friday of the month) and the umdnj (first tuesday) one. Both are open to everyone pre or post op no matter who your surgeon. here is a link to the umdnj - http://www.theuniversityhospital.com/otc/ Let me know if you need more info Kelly
Debbie D.
on 6/5/03 6:45 pm - Hazlet, NJ
Hi. I just came onto this board for the first time tonight. I'm not exactly sure about different locations in New Jersey, but I attend two support meetings locally. One of them is at St. Peters University Hospital in New Brunswick on the 1st Monday of each month and the other is held at the Hyatt in New Brunwsick, usually held on the 1st Thursday of each month, but in July will be held on July 10th. (Nobody wanted to be there on July 3rd). Feel free to contact me if you want more information. They are both open to both pre- and post-ops.
Most Active