ITS OFFICIAL IM APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MatthewsMom04
on 6/25/03 8:11 am - Bloomfield, NJ
Oh my its official IM APPROVED. I cant belive it. I'm so excited and scared at the same time. My aug 14th surgery is really gonna happen. Im still in shock. Ok now I need help with what vitamins I should take, what suppliments to take..what I need to have when I get home. Ideas of what postops ate when they were on clear liquids and when they were on pureed. And also could use some advice on how to tell my work. Because of my various health issues. I have missed not alot of days of work but there not very thrilled with my attendance. Im afraid of what they will do when I tell them I will be out cause I am having surgery and its surgery that I wanna have and yes its medically necessarybut its not emergency surgery and IM afraid that if its not emergency surgery then they dont see a need for me to do it now . I have been at my job for will be 3 years in Aug and I have been out at least once a year for one surgery or another. I dont think they can fire me or can they?? so Im not sure what or when to tell them?? If I lose this job then I lose my insurance and im afraid I will lose my surgery date. Maybe I should tell them a week or two before surgery?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
J R
on 6/30/03 3:11 am
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! ---ObesityHelp.com Staff
Jo H.
on 6/30/03 7:28 am
Some things in life have to be done with risk. You might lose your job, but you'll gain a life. Call your insurance company and ask how long you are insured after a job ceases. Just in general- no names. Its often 30 days ... (just in case God forbid, you were to lose your job) You can also usually pay something to get it extended, a couple hundred a month.... (cheaper than the $20,000 it could cost you) Can you get a doctors medical leave of absence note for your employer? Wish you luck with everything. Congratulations on your approval! Cant wait for mine!
b4_real
on 7/2/03 9:09 am
Congratulations on getting through the approval process, Your big day is next and then you will be on the losing side. Try to hang in there and stay focused and take one day at a time. Remember your AMOS friends are always here for support. 24-7~*~Hugs~*~
Merrilee H.
on 7/3/03 9:52 pm - Washington, NJ
Hi and congratulations!! I'm know you're thrilled. My nutritionist gave me the wonderful idea of buying a Juicer. He says if you can't eat it, drink it, the more color the better. I've been scheduled for surgery on July 21 and for the past 2 weeks I have been taking many vitamins and nutrients to get my body ready for a speedy recovery. I've been juicing EVERYTHING!!! I can't tell you how much better I've felt in the past 2 weeks!!!! I usually fall asleep exhausted by 8:30 I just have so much energy now and my weight loss hasn't even started yet. I don't know if it's the vitamins or the juicing but I highly recommend the juicing, it's a wonderful way to get the nutrients you so richly need. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!
Most Active