bcbs of NJ

Lurnia Marie I.
on 3/25/06 5:15 am - ALTON, IL
I don't live in NJ but I have bcbs of NJ (our corporate office is in Vorhees). can anybody speak to how hard it is to get approval from bcbs of NJ. I've been waiting 2 weeks and it seems life forwever.
Jennifier1
on 3/25/06 8:04 am - Weirton, WV
I had Horizon BCBS of NJ. My paperwork was submitted on June 17 and I was approved by June 19. When I called BCBS though, they would only tell me that I had been "pre-certified." They wouldn't use the word approved. Have you called to verify they have received everything? You can ask for the status of your case while you have them on the phone.
hessie28
on 3/25/06 11:07 am
I was approved right away for the first surgery but for the revision I had to appeal because they felt not medically necessary.
penthilisea
on 3/28/06 9:58 am - Milford, NJ
I have BCBC of NJ too, and they've been very good. Right now they are having higher then normal volume so I was told, hence the delays but I was approved with my PCP and a pysch consult (then I changed surgeons and did the whole rigamerole of tests and go approved again)
AThinnerSandyFor200

on 4/7/06 9:21 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I have Horizon BCBS too. They lost my papwerwork the first time. My Dr.'s office re-faxed it on 4/5. They said I should have an approval shortly.
Most Active