Recent Posts

sexymillie
on 7/15/10 6:23 am - Browns Mills, NJ
Life is a Beach
on 7/15/10 2:38 am
Topic: RE: July Support Meetings by Date
On July 15, 2010 at 2:00 AM Pacific Time, tcasola wrote:
try adding .com to the end of ...@gmail   so it's @gmail.com
Duh, of course, I just used copy/paste and didn't even think to look for that. Tom to the rescue! lol
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
missjuice
on 7/15/10 1:09 am
Regarding the Bariatric Center in Plainfield. . .
We are now back in the office Mon - Fri 7:30am to 4pm.  New surgeon coming on board!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/10 10:23 pm - Piscataway, NJ
 Tom, you're always so helpful!! We're not worthy!!   (I needed a reason to use this emoticon)

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/10 10:21 pm - Piscataway, NJ
Topic: Thursdays Thoughts 07/15/10
 Gooood morning New Jersey! Another week has come and gone...

I went to some great support groups this week, including one on plastic surgery for WLS patients. Most days I met my vitamin and water intake, in addition to getting into logging my meals on the Daily Plate (something I'm only starting to do regularly that I should've been doing all along!). I did manage a few days of exercise, so I'm happy about that.  Despite all this, the numbers AIN'T MOVING! I'm not really bothered by it...but, you gotta admit you've been there and it's hair-pulling frustrating!  Sooooooooo.....

This past week, what have YOU done to keep yourself in check? Any struggles? Any new ideas or thoughts or behaviors you're trying to establish?

For this upcoming week, I'll be on VACATION! I'm so excited...one week of beaches, swimming, relaxation and fun!

I hope you all have a healthy, active and successful week! - Nancy

Tom C.
on 7/14/10 7:00 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
try adding .com to the end of ...@gmail   so it's @gmail.com
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Life is a Beach
on 7/14/10 10:12 am
On July 14, 2010 at 2:35 PM Pacific Time, Sheri A. wrote:
Please do not forget the First Saturday Support Group of Union County. We meet the first Saturday of each month at the RWJ Fitness/Wellness Center, 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd., Scotch Plains from 10:30 - Noon. Next meeting is August 7. For September only, we will meet on the second Saturday due to the Labor Day holiday. Email: firstsaturdaysupport@gmail to be placed on the distribution list to get updates and meeting info.
Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: firstsaturdaysupport@gmail
  Reason: Illegal host/domain name found

I tried to email you but got this message back. Is that email address correct?
Life is a Beach
on 7/14/10 9:24 am
Topic: RE: Banding Center Open House
The facility is beautiful. Looking forward to using it and saving me miles and time from traveling to the hospital for fills! Thanks for the tour.
Fran :)
jetlag2740
on 7/14/10 9:19 am
Topic: Banding Center Open House
Just a quick note to say "Thank you!" to all that braved the weather and made our initial open house a GREAT success!!!

It was a pleasure to meet so many of you, provide answers to your questions and show off our world class facility.

We look forward to hosting many future events, with Ms. Khaliah Ali as our spokeswoman.

Once again a heartfelt "Thanks" from all of us here at The Banding Centers of America.
Sheri A.
on 7/14/10 7:43 am
Topic: RE: Tips for an iron deficient anemic?
I agree, the Flintstone vitamins are not bariatric friendly. I take the CVS Spectravite Chewables...they are equivalent to the Centrum and taste alot better. CVS often has them at BYGOfree. I have anemia too and take ferrous fumerate, 100 mg. a day. Don't have a problem with stomach upset with them. I ordered them from vitacost.com. My blood count is about 11, 3 years ago i had an iron deficiency and my count went to 7...wound up in the hospital for 2 nights and had to get a blood transfusion because I had also developed an ulcer. I am still tired alot.
Most Active