Recent Posts

Tapethis
on 9/13/16 7:13 am - Vernon, NJ
Topic: RE: 2nd Lap Band Surgery

I had 2 lap bands put in..now I am in the process of having my 2nd band removed to do the sleeve.

Tapethis
on 9/13/16 7:10 am - Vernon, NJ
Topic: RE: BAND TO SLEEVE QUESTIONS

I have my 2nd sleeve in..both failed me and now am going through the process of having it removed and getting the sleeve. Surgeons do do this but in my case, because of so many surgeries in that area, my surgeon will not. I have to have it removed, then heal for 3 months, then I can have the sleeve. My cardiologist had it done and referred me to my surgeon. The girls in his office used him and one them had the band and he removed it at the same time. I can give you his name if you would like to contact his office for a consultation.

amand4878
on 9/9/16 3:22 pm
Topic: RE: NJ Support Group listing:

Hi I'm new to this website. I saw one in sewell nj and I was wondering is anyone know what Wednesdays they have them since its every other Wednesday? Does it cost anything and is it open for new people. I'm kinda scared to go since I have social anxiety in group of people I don't know. Please let me know I need the support thanks

Lovexlivexshop
on 9/3/16 7:54 am
Topic: RE: new to site and need help with medicaid/united health care community doctor

Thank you so much!! Can't thank you enough!!! Dr. Ward is amazing!!! He performed my gastric sleeve August 2, 2016!!!! 

arav005
on 7/29/16 11:16 pm
Topic: Need help with UHC community plan providers/into

Hi guys. I'm new to the area..I recently recieved United healthcare through New Jersey family care plan (medicaid) and I was wondering if anyone had any luck with getting bariatric surgery? 

If so who accepted the insurance and how long/what steps were required in order to be approved? Any information that could be provided would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Denise074
on 6/26/16 10:09 am - Wayne, NJ
Topic: BAND TO SLEEVE QUESTIONS

I was thinking of having my band removed which NEVER worked and have the sleeve done at same time. Some doctors say they won't do it same day because of complications, and others have. What do you think?  

I really can;t handle being fat anymore. But I'm also scared because I love food, it's a comfort to me. UGH... My band is 5 years old, not filled anymore because I never had restriction either way.  Getting lots of reflux now and have gastritis. 

PLEASE HELP!

Banded on 2/25/09 
SURGERY: 296
GOAL: 180
First Fill: 3/31/09 at 4cc's in a 9cc band

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Journal
CosRoc
on 6/4/16 10:31 am
VSG on 06/14/16
Topic: RE: How long between your first visit and your operation to get the sleeve done

My first Doctors visit was on Feb.8th 2016, and I'm scheduled for surgery on June 14th.

Toliveincolor
on 5/25/16 1:53 pm
Topic: RE: Reminder - Toms River OCWLS Support Group Meeting

Hi is this support group still active on the first Friday of each month?  How can I register? 

Mmdani2z
on 5/16/16 6:04 pm
Topic: Wellcare Medicaid

Im looking into getting gastric sleeve surgery I've called and emailed many doctors only to tell me they do not accept Medicaid if anyone knows of any doctors please let me know 

Most Active