Sheri A.’s Posts

Sheri A.
on 1/29/19 4:28 am
Topic: RE: UNION COUNTY SUPPORT GROUP-Peer to Peer
Hi First Saturday Support! I'm looking forward to our next meeting on Saturday, February 2nd. Our featured presenter will be Deborah Hall from Nordstroms who will chat with us about wardrobe choices as we go through this journey. I need to ask for RSVP's as our guest is bringing goodies and asked for a headcount. Hope you can attend! 10:30 am at Robert Wood Johnson Fitness Center. Please RSVP through our FB page.

NOTE: First Saturday Support Group is the only peer to peer group known in the Union County area, began in 2008, starting our 11th year of support, friendship, guidance and help for the bariatric community. Visit our FB page for admittance. The group meets the first Saturday of each month from September-June at the RWJ Fitness and Wellness Center, Conference Room, kitchen side from 10:30-noon. Please join us!!!!
Sheri A.
on 10/21/16 2:05 pm
Topic: RE: First Saturday Support Will Be Terminating
This is a notification regarding First Saturday Support of Union County. We have been meeting monthly since March 2007 with Sheraine A as facilitator of the group, meeting at RWJ Fitness Center in Scotch Plains. Unfortunately, the facilitator has decided to step down and no one has volunteered to take her place. The group will meet November 5 and December 3 at 10:30 am. All are welcome. If you would be interested in taking over the group, please send an email to: [email protected]

Thank you for almost 10 years of supporting this bariatric group of losers!
Sheri A.
on 4/26/16 5:40 am
Topic: RE: First Saturday Support 9th Anniversary Program
First Saturday Support of Union County
Open To All
We are in our 10th year of service to the bariatric community.
A warm and friendly no judgement non doctor connected group.

"WHAT'S EATING YOU?"
Are Emotional Blocks Sabotaging Your Weight Loss?
You've had surgery and at this point, maybe your weight loss is not where you want it to be. Did you know that subconscious saboteurs are behind failed weight loss efforts over 90% of the time and they affect the food choices you make every day.

Please join us for a special meeting on Saturday May 7. Our guest will be Debra Troy, Certified HynoCounselor and Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis Provider as she reveals specific subconscious and emotional blocks that are sabotoging weight loss success. She will lead a group hypnosis session and address these issues. COME GET ENLIGHTENED!

Saturday May 7
10:30 am
RWJ Fitness & Wellness, 2120 Lambertsmill Road, Scotch Plains
Conference Room A Kitchen Side.

Join Our Facebook Page: First Saturday Support
email: [email protected]
sheraine
Sheri A.
on 9/29/15 1:57 pm
Topic: RE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT, PLEASE COME
First Saturday Support, a peer to peer support group in Union County still meets the first Saturday of each month. We have a core group who attend regularly. For those who have had bariatric surgery and need a little boost, have questions, have gotten lost or want to share in your success, we want to see you! Our group began in March 2007 and we are a group of caring individuals who have all had bariatric surgery or are considering having it...we are a NO judgement zone...just come and meet and talk! This Saturday, October 3, 10:30am at the RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, 1021 Lambertsmill Rd, Scotch Plains 07076. We meet in Conference Room A on the kitchen side. The gym does have childcare and the facilities are gorgeous for working out and swimming in the new sal****er pools! for more info: [email protected] See us on Facebook: First Saturday Support
Sheri A.
on 1/25/14 10:59 am
Topic: RE: PEER TO PEER SUPPORT GROUP
Great News!
There is a 6 1/2 year old peer to peer support group in Union County. First Saturday Support welcomes anyone contemplating surgery, anyone who has had surgery, family and friends who want questions answered or just want to be in the company of a warm, welcoming and caring group. We maintain confidentiality, provide comfort, handouts, speakers and guidance! Come Try Us if you never have or come back if you haven't been in a while!

February 1 will be our next meeting, 10am - 12noon at RWJ Fitness/Wellness (conference room A-Kitchen side), 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd., Scotch Plains. We will discuss Vitamins for the Bariatric Population.

Please direct all inquries to: [email protected]

Your facilitator: Sheraine

FACEBOOK: First Saturday Support
Sheri A.
on 1/25/14 10:43 am
Topic: RE: Re: pts of Dr. Jean Baptiste
Hi There!
I too had Dr. JB do my RNY in 11/06. The practice was "taken over" by Dr. Abkin and your records are probably there. Pat Sullivan is the office manager and can probably help you if you want to see Dr. Abkin or a new doctor. Not sure where you live but I am a faciliatator of a peer to peer support group that meets the first Saturday of the month in Scotch Plains. Dr. JB gave us a home in Muhlenberg before they closed and now we meet at RWJ Fitness. Perhaps the group can help you...we are warm and welcoming...and perhaps I have met you before. If you are interested, please email me: [email protected]

Sheraine A
Sheri A.
on 10/20/13 8:08 pm
Topic: RE: Peer to Peer Support Group, Still Going Strong!
For those of you new to these boards, I wanted to let you know about a peer to peer support group that is still going strong in Union County. First Saturday Support was started in March of 2007 and is now in it's permanent meeting place at RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, 2120 Lambertsmill Road, Scotch Plains. We meet the first Saturday of each month and are not doctor or hospital related. There is a strong core group that is very loyal and attends each month. As the facilitator, I find the group a huge motivation and inspiration to my success.

On November 2 we will be meeting and celebrating my 7 year surgiversary. I owe everything to this group for keeping me on track!

We welcome new members and hope you can attend.

Date: Saturday November 2
Time: 10am

We will have a guest presenter: Lauren Purdy, Registered Dietician of Shop Rite.

Bariatric friendly refeshments always welcome!

Questions: [email protected]

Thanks and hope to meet you!

Sheraine
Sheri A.
on 10/20/13 8:01 pm
Topic: RE: Any support groups in North Jersey? Morris County area
Hi I am the facilitator of a peer to peer group that meets in Union County on the first Saturday of each month. We are called First Saturday Support of Union County. It is a very active group with very loyal members. We would love to have you join us on November 2 10am...it is my 7 year surgiversary celebration, which would never have been possible without this group! If you have any questions, please email me: [email protected] The meeting place is RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, 2120 Lambertsmill Road, Scotch Plains 07076, very convenient a few min. off the GSP exit 135. If you are near the Randolph area, we have several members who come from there and I can get you hooked up with them! Hope to see you!
Sheri A.
on 6/1/13 9:49 pm
Topic: RE: Patients of Dr. John-Baptiste
I heard that he OD'd on drugs.
Sheri A.
on 4/29/13 8:00 pm
Topic: RE: size of pouch
from what i know it should remain the size of an orange...i am having an endoscopy this week and will ask the doctor.
Sheri A.
on 4/29/13 7:57 pm
Topic: RE: LOOK HERE FOR SUPPORT!
If you need support, a helping hand, reassurance, motivation or friendship, you have come to the right place! We are a special and wonderful group!

First Saturday Support is a peer to peer bariatric support group for pre and post opers seeking support in a neutral and caring place. This warm and welcoming group was formed by two bariatric patients in March 2007 and has been going on monthly ever since! We meet on the first Saturday of each month at the RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center Conference Room (kitchen side) at 10:30am. Please join us, Our May meeting will be this Saturday May 4. For further info email me: Sheraine (facilitator) at: [email protected]

PS-Our meeting place is conveniently located just minutes off exit 135 of the GSP in Scotch Plains.

RWJ Fitness & Wellness
2120 Lambertsmill Road
Scotch Plains 07076

Come see for yourself! Looking forward to meeting you!
Sheri A.
on 4/9/13 10:10 am
Topic: RE: Patients of Dr. John-Baptiste
Thought you may want to know that Dr. John-Baptiste passed away approximately one week ago at the age of 39. May he rest in peace with whatever demons invaded his life. He was a brilliant surgeon but he was unable to sustain his medical license as his career spiraled out of control over the last 3 years. I am privileged that he saved my life and gave me a tool that transformed me into a healthier person!
Sheri A.
on 11/8/12 7:59 pm
Topic: RE: My SURGIVERSARY is TODAY!
Today is November 9....6 years ago today I changed my life forever when I had RNY gastric bypass. I have successfully managed to keep 100 lbs off for 5 years and my weight has been steady for over a year!!!! They say 5 years is the "milestone"...I still continue to watch everything I eat and exercise faithfully, but not to the extreme. Yoga has helped me reshape my body and help my stress levels. I enjoy the dance classes at my gym and consider it my second home! I have so much more energy and can climb high and bend low, touch my toes, almost do a split and shop in any regular clothing store! My diabetes is in control but not gone but otherwise I am in good health at the age of 58! I am lucky to be alive and thank God every day for this life. I think of what my life would be like without the surgery....I think I would be very sick, walking with a cane and probably be a couch potato! I encourage everyone who is suffering from obesity to consider the RNY or Gastric Sleeve surgery....they can always talk to me and I will tell them to GO FOR IT. I run a support group in Union County...feel free to email me: [email protected]
Sheri A.
on 10/16/12 10:20 pm
Topic: RE: "Don't Be a Food Zombie: Choosing Weight Control over Mind Control."
Scientists and researchers in the food industry work hard to lure you into choosing their products; consume more of it than you need or want; and crave repeated helpings. They manipulate your appetite on a subconscious level, using covert tricks to stimulate you in ways you are never aware of.

How can anyone succeed at achieving and maintaining a healthy weight in the face of these efforts?

Awareness and Education!

On November 3, 2012 at 10:30 am, The First Saturday Support Group lifts the lid on the world of food marketing with a program entitled "Don't Be a Food Zombie: Choosing Weight Control over Mind Control."

Moderator & Leader for this program, our member, Linda Federman!

PLEASE JOIN US, OPEN TO ALL!

LOCATION: RWJ Fitness & Wellness, 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd., Scotch Plains
This will also be our 2nd annual GRATITUDE party, light bariatric refreshments will be served.

Questions? [email protected]
Sheri A.
on 5/28/12 2:47 am
Topic: RE: All About Vitamins!
All About Vitamins is the next topic for discussion at the June 2nd First Saturday Support Group.

10:30-noon

RWJ Fitness & Wellness, Conference Room A
2120 Lamberts Mill Rd., Scotch Plains

email: [email protected]

Everyone welcome to this 5 1/2 year old peer to peer support group, not affiliated with any hospital or doctor.

Please join our wonderful group!

Visit us on facebook, FIRST SATURDAY SUPPORT
Sheri A.
on 5/1/12 5:52 am
Topic: RE: SUPPORT THIS SATURDAY
Need support, encouragement, motivation, comaraderie, advice or company?

Come to First Saturday Support

This Saturday May 5, 10:30 - 12:00

RWJ Fitness & Wellness
2120 Lambertsmill Rd.
Scotch Plains 07076

conveniently located 5 min from GSP exit 135!

Peer to Peer Support in a warm environment

Sheri A.
on 3/29/12 5:30 am
Topic: RE: FUELING YOUR WORKOUT
You are invited to a special program
FUELING YOUR WORKOUT
Saturday April 14
10:30am @ RWJ Fitness & Wellness
2120 Lamberts Mill Road, Scotch Plains

Sponsored by: First Saturday Support of
Union County. E-mail: [email protected]

Presenter: Ben Schoenfeld, Culinary Nutritionist
What to "eat" before and after your workout.
Making healthy choices
Handouts, Q & A, Samples of workout recipes

Sheri A.
on 2/25/12 10:10 pm
Topic: RE: Celebrating Peer to Peer Support Group's 5th Anniversary!
First Saturday Support is a peer to peer run support group that meets the first Saturday of each month at RWJ Fitness in Scotch Plains from 10:30 - noon. It was founded in March 2007 by two bariatric patients and has grown over the last 5 years to a wonderful group of caring and supportive people who discuss many different topics pertaining to bariatrics. Everyone is welcome, we are a co-ed group and all types of surgery is represented, pre ops are encouraged! The facility has free childcare and you can work out afterwards, there is an olympic size pool, a therapy pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room, locker rooms and all sorts of equipment available! We are not affiliated with any doctor or hospital and sometimes have guest speakers/presentations. We meet again this Saturday, March 3, Address of the fitness center is: 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd, 07076. Email: [email protected] for further information! Hope to see you there!
Sheri A.
on 2/25/12 10:07 pm
Topic: RE: Peer to Peer Support Group
Hi!
Thanks so much for your inquiry! Congrats on your surgery and making the brave decision to change your life! First Saturday Support will be celebrating our 5th year anniversary next Saturday, March 3 at 10:30 at the RWJ Fitness Center in Scotch Plains! Email me at:
[email protected] and I will put you on the distribution list. I cannot wait to meet you and help you be a successful loser! I had RNY in 2006 and it was the best thing I ever did! Sorry I hadn't done it sooner but I am not only thinner but a better and happier person.

Sheraine
Sheri A.
on 1/31/12 6:51 pm
Topic: RE: Peer to Peer Support Group
First Saturday Support is a peer to peer run support group that meets the first Saturday of each month at RWJ Fitness in Scotch Plains from 10:30 - noon. It was founded in March 2007 by two bariatric patients and has grown over the last 5 years to a wonderful group of caring and supportive people who discuss many different topics pertaining to bariatrics. Everyone is welcome, we are a co-ed group and all types of surgery is represented, pre ops are encouraged! The facility has free childcare and you can work out afterwards, there is an olympic size pool, a therapy pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room, locker rooms and all sorts of equipment available! We are not affiliated with any doctor or hospital and sometimes have guest speakers/presentations. We meet again this Saturday, February 4, and will have a guest speaker for part of the meeting! Address of the fitness center is: 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd, 07076. Email: [email protected] for further information! Hope to see you there!
Sheri A.
on 1/5/12 8:34 am
Topic: RE: Workshop for Prevention of Weight Re-Gain
If you are interested, Donna DeMild will be at this Saturday's support group meeting in Scotch Plains, 10am to discuss her webinars and seminars on Weight Re-Gain and Success Habits.
Sheri A.
on 1/1/12 8:14 am
Topic: RE: A New Year - Fabulous Program Planned for Support!
First Saturday Support meets this Saturday, January 7 at 10am at RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd., Scotch Plains 07076. Our guest speaker will be Donna DeMild, owner of BodySmart LLC and herself a successful RNYer....Donna works with Dr. Brolin, she is a bariatric life coach and will speak about her webinars and seminars on Success Habits and getting Back on Track! Please come! 10am, for further info: [email protected]
Sheri A.
on 12/8/11 6:43 am
Topic: RE: Dealing with the pre-surgery negative comments..
Best not to discuss with the people who bring you down and if you do, say you wanted to change your life and stop the yo yo dieting and get healthy. Most people know someone who has had WLS and failed at it or they are jealous that you have the guts to go ahead with it. I just told everyone I wanted a better quality of life.
Sheri A.
on 12/5/11 6:49 am
Topic: RE: Workshop for Prevention of Weight Re-Gain
Many of you had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Connie Stapleton at the LI Conference in October. Connie has created a workshop based on her book, Eat It Up and has offered to conduct a workshop in the central NJ area on a Saturday. I would like to get an idea of who may be interested in such a workshop. To cover her fees and expenses we'd need at least 75 people for the all day event and the price would be approximately $50 unless we can get our surgeons' offices to help sponsor it. Already have a venue, fee free. Please post all suggestions....

Dr. Connie Stapleton is offering
EAT IT UP! THE WORKSHOP!
For Weight-Loss Surgery Patients

Dr. Connie Stapleton, Ph.D., author of Eat It Up! The Mind/Body/Spirit Guide to a Full Life After
Weight Loss Surgery is excited about the opportunity to present an Eat It Up! Weekend Workshop in
your area! The Eat It Up! Weekend Workshop is for weight loss surgery patients who are ready to
look into their hearts and work on emotional issues that may be interfering with their ability to keep
weight off. The Eat It Up! Weekend Workshop is also a time for WLS patients to learn specific tools
aimed to assist them in living a healthy, balanced life after surgery.

How will participants benefit from Eat It Up! The Workshop!? Participants will:
? gain a better understanding of the underlying issues related to obesity.
(self-esteem, family of origin issues, abuse, dysfunction, bullying, etc.)
? understand how obesity was a "friend" to you.
? identify the automatic negative thoughts that sabotage weight loss and keeping it off.
? discover the ways obesity has negatively affected all areas of life, or "Centers of Balance."
? discover ways to find and maintain balance in all Centers of Balance, helping to make sustaining a healthy weight just another part of daily life.

Dr. Stapleton would like you to help organize a remarkable one or two-day time of personal growth for
the WLS patients in your area with a volunteer coordinator (support group leader, energetic WLS
patient with great leadership skills) who will 1) secure a meeting room large enough to accommodate
all of the people who would like to attend and 2) organize registration and event details with Dr.
Stapleton and her staff.

What is the cost for the Workshop? That depends! Dr. Stapleton offers a very full one-day workshop
or a two-day workshop. The cost per person is based, in part, on whether there is financial assistance
provided by a bariatric center, support group, or sponsor(s). Steve Little, the CFO of Mind/Body
Health Services, Dr. Stapleton's business, will help you with any questions about options and logistics.
Sheri A.
on 11/26/11 3:35 am
Topic: RE: Last Supoort Group for 2011! Everyone is Invited To Attend.
Just a note to remind you that the last meeting of 2011 for First Saturday Support (of Union County) will be held on Saturday, December 3 at 10:30am at RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd, Scotch Plains. The topic for discussion will be the Year in Review as we reflect what 2011 has brought to our lives! Meeting is open to all, conference room A of the gym! Free childcare is available! If you'd like to dress up a bit to celebrate the holidays, feel free! Looking forward to seeing you. Questions welcomed at: [email protected]

Sheraine A (support group facilitator)
Most Active