penthilisea’s Posts

penthilisea
on 7/27/19 8:04 pm
Topic: RE: Message of hope - Horizon NJ Health Revision Approved!

I know we get a lot of people here asking about this insurance or that insurance.

I had my RNY in 2006 when I had a different insurance plan entirely. Now I have Horizon NJ Health (NJ Medicaid).

It took me 4-5 months to jump through all the hoops (nutritionist appointments, psych eval, cardiologist, pulmonologist, and more), but in less than two weeks from submission, my revision to the DS was approved.

I ended up trying three different surgeons before I found one I trusted- finding a revision doc covered by HNJH was a serious challenge!

Surgery date is 8/20. Wish me luck!

glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

penthilisea
on 3/8/19 8:38 am
Topic: RE: RNY to Distal RNY? Any success

Can I ask which doc offered r n y to r n y in no bc I can't find one! ???

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

penthilisea
on 11/2/09 5:10 am
Topic: RE: Anyone have any info on these Jersey Docs?
Don't know if this is too late but Dr. Jean Baptiste did my surgery when he was still with Fares, at St. Francis in Trenton. He was awesome, really nice guy who did a terrific job all the way through.

My mom had her lap band at Lehigh Valley hospital and is doing well too (it's only been a few months for her, I'm 3 years out).

Hope this helps!

penthilisea
on 10/24/08 7:49 am
Topic: RE: Going back under the knife...again. This time w/ DR. JEAN-BAPTISTE
Dr. J-B did my original surgery in 06 at his previous position. He was terrific, did a great job- didn't have a worry or concern at all! Best of luck!

penthilisea
on 6/9/08 10:44 am
Topic: RE: Anyone know of a support group in NW NJ?
I'd really like to be part of a support group, I am a 2 year post op (good grief has it been that long?) and live in Milford (NOT WEST MILFORD). So I am in hunterdon county but close to warren as well. I started at 298, 5'5" and am now hovering between 148 and 155. Thanks!

penthilisea
on 2/1/07 8:55 am
Topic: RE: Moving forward
Yay! I had dr. JB too when he was at the other office/company.surgery group whatever. He was terrific, I am so happy with my result so far! Best of luck!
penthilisea
on 7/6/06 1:55 am
Topic: RE: After the Flood
My work almost got flooded, but it only came up to the doorsill THANK GOODNESS! Lambertville and Phillipsburg were a real mess.
penthilisea
on 5/15/06 3:48 am
Topic: RE: Going to Harolds in Edison NJ for Mother's Day- What should I eat?
Well, I made it. Just had my matzo ball soup and a tiny bite of pickle. Luckily my mom had a bad cold so they all skipped dessert. Byt that point I was ready to try the SF cheesecake which I am SURE is a bad idea ;)
penthilisea
on 5/13/06 1:02 am
Topic: RE: Going to Harolds in Edison NJ for Mother's Day- What should I eat?
Hopefully you're NOT familiar with the gignormous portions at Harolds, but sadly it's my mom's favorite. They truly boggle the mind. I am only 5 weeks out, still on softs. I was thinking I could get the MONDO MEGA bowl of matzo ball soup and sip that throughout the meal. Maybe nibble on the softball size matza ball. Any other ideas? I like chopped liver but I'm not ready to eat breads yet.
penthilisea
on 5/3/06 8:08 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Jean-Baptiste
I am sure they had very good reasons for going their seperate ways.
penthilisea
on 4/30/06 2:07 pm
Topic: RE: JOINED CURVES IN NEWTON, ANYBODY INTERESTED?
Yay! Congrats! Welcome to the losers bench!
penthilisea
on 4/30/06 2:07 pm
Topic: RE: Psych Eval
Hi Aliya! You live near (ish) to me! I was went out around noon and played with my horse at the barn with a friend and then watched my husband mow the lawn while i hacked my favorite computer game (nothing illegal, I promise!) Had some yummy salmon and chili (egg salad not so yummy today) and watched Big Love. All in all a very peaceful day!
penthilisea
on 3/28/06 9:58 am
Topic: RE: bcbs of NJ
I have BCBC of NJ too, and they've been very good. Right now they are having higher then normal volume so I was told, hence the delays but I was approved with my PCP and a pysch consult (then I changed surgeons and did the whole rigamerole of tests and go approved again)
Most Active