What's for Dinner?

Mary C.
on 5/27/11 3:19 am - Glovertown, Canada
We are having mussels today - which are one of our favorites - and the bonus is = it's a wonderful food for us WLS peeps!

A 3 oz (85 g) portion of cooked blue mussels contains 20g of protein and only 147 calories. It is rich in iron, manganese, phosphorous, selenium, zinc and vitamins C and B12.

carrie E.
on 6/9/11 12:54 pm - Mt. Pearl, Canada
I wish I liked mussels, sounds yummy....I had a club sandwich with lean turkey, turkey bacon, tomato, lettuce , fat free cheese slice and w/w bread and on the side I had a cup of sweet potato fries...baked of course.....Now for supper tomorrow, what a delima...lol.....Im lucky I love meat and veg's and also fruit...my biggest part is eating too much . I saw a dietitian a few years ago and she said my portions were for 3 people...but I must say I have never seen any person eat a 1/2 cup of rice with there stir fry.
I think maybe tomorrow I will have salmon , rice and broccoli. :)
Mary C.
on 6/9/11 1:53 pm - Glovertown, Canada
Your sandwich sounds yummy - I could eat it - but maybe with only one slice of soy/flax bread - so 1/2 of the fixins and I would have to ditch the fries - or maybe have 3 or 4 - the restriction of my RNY is what keeps me honest - I just can't eat very big amounts of anything - and I have to eat very slowly and chew everything to death. Salmon, broccoli and rice sounds perfect!

carrie E.
on 6/10/11 5:18 am - Mt. Pearl, Canada
So I was wondering If the whole wheat bread is something I wont be able to eat after my surgery also the same with the sweet potato fries( baked that is )?  I find I try to eat healthy foods and now that I'm dieting again for the 100Th time I'm trying to watch my portions....If I could loose even 20 on my own before surgery I'll be a head of the game :)
Mary C.
on 6/14/11 11:51 am - Glovertown, Canada
I CAN eat whole wheat - I can eat white - but the soy/flax bread has the the protein/fibre I look for. If I'm going to eat bread - and still I can only eat one slice - it's gotta be the best bang for the slice. It was quite a while before I could eat bread post-op though. Months if I remember correctly. My post-op diet said that after 2 weeks I could eat 1/2 slice crunchy toast - man did I look forward to that. But it did not go down well at all - so it was a long time until I tried it again.

carrie E.
on 6/20/11 2:15 am - Mt. Pearl, Canada
Thanks for the information.....I have a few friends that have had the surgery and 1 can't eat meat well, the other carbs so Its interesting how different bodies react to the surgery....I'm looking forward to my call and my new healthy life.  :)
Most Active