Update

MinnieMouse1
on 2/26/13 2:52 am
RNY on 12/06/12

I am not a very good blogger (no booger, lol). So here are the highlights of my progress. I consulted Oct 22 at 285lbs. Surgery 12/6 at 275 lbs. Today my current weight is 225 lbs., so a 50 pound loss from surgery. No pre-op diet, I just wanted to try the high protein foods. About a month ago I when to the er in Lubbock and was admitted for a small intestine obstruction. (worst pain I ever felt). It past on its own but now I take stool softeners 2x times a day. Constipation is terrible!! Not doing that again. Other than that I am great. I can eat about 1 cup of soft foods at a time and only ¼- ½ cup of foods that I have to chew a lot like steak…veggies…etc… I dump but not like everyone else. I feel really sick and tired. Not a good feeling. I can taste things like cake or candy; I only dump when I have slice of cake or 2-3 pieces of candy. Right now I don’t crave sweets, I crave crunchy things like chips. I am learning that I eat out of boredom so weekends are hard especially when the weather is bad. During the week is good. I am very fond of premier protein and nectar protein powder. I am eating everything except rice, pasta and breads. I tend to try on bite of those bad carbs and then eat the rest of healthy items. I eat out a lot during the week but have learned what I am allowed and not allowed. McDonalds will sell you a grilled chicken patty for $2 and I can eat ½ of that for lunch and I am great till my afternoon snack. I eat 6 times a day at about 100-200 calories per sitting. I usually have protein shake for breakfast, am snack cheese. Lunch chicken pm snack yogurt, supper protein shake and pm snack cheese. I have learned that ordering vitamins online are cheaper. For exercise, because I haven’t been released to “Zumba”, I walk about 1.5 miles a day. It takes me a little under 30 minutes a day. I usually walk during my lunch and on weekends with the dogs. My family is supportive so they usually walk with me on the weekends. I also have joined lots of facebook groups that are wonderful. There are so many, I would suggest joining a bunch and then picking your favorite and leaving the rest. I am also on the OH site. You get to see lots of before and after pictures as well as ask questions. Ok see you in another 3 months. ☺ turn rofl

Most Active