Hello....Is anyone there?

sarah G.
on 8/20/13 12:40 pm
VSG on 10/10/13

Hello, I can't believe there aren't more people from NM posting!  I am still fairly new to the site.  I'm awaiting final approval for WLS.  I'm hoping that some folks in the Carlsbad area would like to start a WLS support group.  If you are interested please let me know. I'd love to have some "old timers" that are in maintenance that could help guide us along.

Sarah

DarwinS
on 9/15/13 8:46 am - NM

I know, I am in Albuquerque, one week to go, surgery on 9/24 liquid diet isn't fun but tolerable.

We have a few support groups here in ALBQ,  just wanted to post  to get something going in this NM Forum

D

scbrown63
on 10/14/13 1:27 am

Hey Darwin.  My name is Steve Brown.  I had VSG on 10-02-2013.  Feeling pretty good.  But wanted to join the conversation.  How's it going with you?

DarwinS
on 10/14/13 1:49 am - NM

Hey Steve, 

Thanks for checking, but the anesthiesiologist wouldn't put me under because we have a malignant hyperthermia in our family and didn't have the equipment for the special anathesia, so the surgery got canceled for 2 weeks, then because I was off my baby aspirin a day, I had 2 small strokes,  but no after effects, back to normal, but they said NO SURGERY, so I am trying to lose it the old fasioned way, 

I been told no  elective surgery, and do not stop taking the aspirin a day for any reason.

Good luck,

Darwin

Most Active