Three weeks post-op

MooseheadsII
on 3/29/11 1:00 am - Halifax, Canada
According to my scales I'm down another 10 pounds, for a total of 29 pounds since starting the diet (2 weeks pre-op included). I find this week's weight loss a bit alarming - I really don't want to lose that rapidly. And, I don't need to lose a lot more weight. My weight is best between 165-180 - most people think I look good at 180. I'm happier with 165 as it gives me some breathing room. I've been as low as 150 and don't look healthy at that weight. Although in life according to BMI I should weigh less than that. I know I would look emaciated below that weight. At 150 many people (myself included) thought I looked anorexic. I'm 5'8" and carry my weight disproportionately.  So when I lose my face, arms, shoulders look gaunt. Anyhow, am hoping this kind of dramatic weight loss slows soon.
Very excited to have food in my house. One more week till I can start reintroducing some soft foods. Cheque day so I picked up some meat and eggs in preparation for that. I am looking forward to eating again. :)
Shirley
kimberleyann
on 3/29/11 2:00 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
 congrat on your progress 

nannydeb
on 3/29/11 3:48 am - Canada
Congratulations! You'll look great !  Hope to be where you are one day soon. 
ruthann49
on 3/29/11 7:14 am - Canada
Congratulations on your weight loss. You say you don't have much more weight to loose but I thought in order to have the surgery you need to loose at least 90 pounds depending on your BMI. Keep us posted on your progress and speedy recovery!

MooseheadsII
on 3/29/11 7:44 am, edited 3/29/11 7:45 am - Halifax, Canada
Well in life according to BMI charts I should weigh between 135-150 but like I said that will make me look far too thin. I weighed 213 last time the surgery team weighed me, and 209 at my docs 2 weeks before surgery. As of this morning I weigh 180, which is great. I find 165-180 is where I look best.
Most people, including my family doc, my surgeon *****moved my thyroid last summer, and nurses in the hospital did not think I needed this surgery. But in consult with the team I believed and continue to believe that I need the health benefits that come with this surgery. It was never so much about weight loss for me - was always about health. I'm in a wheelchair and am very limited in my ability to exercise. Dr. Ellsmere and my endo, Dr. Ransom who is also part of the team, agreed that this surgery would help bring my co-morbidities under control and give me a shot at a longer life.
Shirley
ruthann49
on 3/29/11 10:29 am - Canada
I just read your bio and you have certainly come down a long road. Hopefully by summer you will be out of that chair and on your way to better health!  Only best wishes!

bluegrrl
on 3/29/11 10:35 am - Glace Bay, Canada
 Congratulations.  I am very happy to hear that you are doing so well.  

I hope your other medical conditions come into line.  That is the point of the surgery and from what I have read, it will give you what you need.  And after all this time and work - deserve.

imaybenuts
on 3/30/11 12:06 am - Canada
congrates!!!!!!!!!!! bmi sucks a$$ .......... people are telling me i look sick now and im still 250...ugg do what ever makes u comfortable!!

30 lbs lost pre op

MooseheadsII
on 3/30/11 12:24 am - Halifax, Canada
My bariatric buddy was 250 and 5'6" pre-op - she's now 175 and is happy with that weight. BMI charts may be a good tool but they are far from the full measure of what works for people.
Shirley
Most Active