suggestions ?

imaybenuts
on 3/29/11 10:03 pm - Canada
anyone have any suggestions for rashes? i have alot of hangy gross skin, rashes daily..... tried baby powder,cornstarch,baby cream, burnt flour, kamasutra powder...........cmonnnnnnn i cant be the only one....i wash everytime i go to the bathroom butttt... still doesnt help...did i say ewwwwwwwwwwww

30 lbs lost pre op

MooseheadsII
on 3/29/11 10:29 pm - Halifax, Canada

Don't have this problem yet but don't doubt I will as I have very sensitive skin and lots of skin problems already. If you are in HRM I can recommend a great dermatologist. Dr. Robert Tremaine - he's at Gladstone Professional. Everyone I know who's ever been to him loves him. He's great.
Shirley

imaybenuts
on 3/29/11 10:33 pm - Canada
thanks shirly.... im about 2 hours away...booooooooooo ..... have a drs appt on monday but...thought u guys would prob know more then the doctors,,lol

30 lbs lost pre op

kimberleyann
on 3/29/11 11:07 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
It may sound crazy but there is a powder called    Anti Butt Monkey powder.  It is used alot by truckers and sports people to prevent rashes and friction burns. It is available at Zellars.  I have same problem with skin hanging over from my belly to crotch and under my breasticles.

MooseheadsII
on 3/29/11 11:20 pm - Halifax, Canada
Try e-mailing Diana - I'm sure she's encountered this with other patients.
The good news is that persistant rash makes you a candidate for a tummy tuck. So get your doc on that referral.
Shirley
imaybenuts
on 3/30/11 12:04 am - Canada
monkey butt...........lmao... ill try anything....i dont know the rules on tummy tuck.... thought msi didnt cover anyone anymore... would be nice.... oh to dream of freshness....... smells like rosses....lol....maybe i smell like rosses now...they stink

30 lbs lost pre op

MooseheadsII
on 3/30/11 12:20 am - Halifax, Canada
My understanding is that MSI will cover a tummy tuck if you've lost more than 100 pounds and have persistent skin problems - ie rash - as a result. But I hear it's a long wait list so you may want to get on it now.
Shirley
nsblue
on 3/30/11 12:38 am, edited 3/30/11 12:39 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
i have been alway prone to rashes under the folds of skin/fat that would get really sore, especially during humid weather. i use to use penatin, but twas always so thick n made everything white it touched. my girlfriend suggested that every morning after i shower n dry that i use deodrant under those areas, for it's what she uses n it seems to work...so far so good for me.

A in NS
on 3/30/11 6:48 am
Yep - tell your family doc that you want "Hyderm/Clotrimaderm 50/50 Compound". It's something they mix in the pharmacy & it works better than anything I have tried before  :)  I have also had some luck with polysporin when I was out of the prescription stuff, but you don't really want it to clear up before you see your doc so he can put a note in your file - just in case it would help you with the mythical tummy tuck later on!  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 3/30/11 6:49 am
HEY YOU REACHED YOUR GOAL!!!!!!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!  WOWIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATS CHICK!!!  :)))))

Weight lost since surgery:

Most Active