First VSG in Newfoundland!!

ruthann49
on 5/27/11 2:57 am - Canada
Check out the NFLD forum! Jenn tells about her experience as the first to get sleeved.Dr.Ellsmere was also there to assist! I was wondering were the referrals from there sent here to NS ? If so that should help our waiting list!!

Jackie00
on 5/27/11 6:12 am
Sounds good, wonder how many are on the NL list and if we should all try to get it done over there if there is not much of a wait.
mel_2011
on 5/28/11 5:45 am - Canada
VSG on 05/26/14
I think I read on the WLS page that they get referrals from the 4 atlantic provinces.  So maybe now that NFLD can do their own, it will help our wait list...

ruthann49
on 5/28/11 10:57 pm - Canada
That would be wonderful! I think PEI referrals go to NB.

nsblue
on 6/6/11 11:55 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

this morning when reading the VSG board when i came across this thread http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4395976/Feeling-discou raged-17-days-post-op/

ruthann49
on 6/7/11 11:11 am - Canada
I haven't been able to see the thread what was it about?

nsblue
on 6/7/11 7:57 pm, edited 6/7/11 8:04 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

odd that link doesnt work hmmm... this is what she had said...it really threw me off that she wasn't following the plan...

this might work.. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4395976/Feeling-discou raged-17-days-post-op/#36345937

grrrr friggen link won't work, the threads still there..entitled...Feeling discouraged 17 days post-op  a search may get it for u

here is here opening post..

Post Date: 6/7/11 4:05 am
I am 17 post-op and today is my first day of feeling discouraged, so I would like to reach out.

I lost 10 pounds in 10 days after my VSG - and then nothing for the last week. I know a plateau is probably normal, but I am afraid I have sabotaged my diet by advancing it too quickly.

I was actually the first VSG to be performed in our province (NL), so the team here isn't very experienced yet. The dietary guidelines they recommended from
another centre seemed really, really harsh - 4 weeks of full liquids post-op - when so many other programs have you on mushies after a week.

So I found what I thought was a credible source from another centre -
Cornell University - and began following their plan. Slowly, cautiously, but I have been feeling great - lots of energy and recovering well.

But today, I am having doubts. I actually woke up hungry for the first time. Now I am afraid that my arrogance has messed me up.

Looking for some honest comments to get me back on track mentally.

(If you interested, the links to my food and exercise diary as tracked on Liverstong.com are below.)

Mary C.
on 6/8/11 5:55 am, edited 6/8/11 5:55 am - Glovertown, Canada
Hi Guys! I imagine having WLS done in NL now will ease some of the pre-ops off the waiting list in NS and NB. I went to Moncton to Dr. B. I am so excited that people in NL will now get the opportunity to have WLS in their home province. I know 4-5 yrs ago there was talk that WLS would be done here - and many people had consults sent in to Dr. Pace. Unfortunately - it seems a lot - if not all - of those consults were filed away somewhere - and not looked at again when the program did get underway a while back. People are having to send in consults again. Jenn's blog is awesome and very detailed regarding her pre and post op experiences. Worth checking out for sure! Take care everyone!

Most Active