New to this forum!

bandednadia
on 12/4/14 4:27 am - Canada

Hey Everyone! 

I just joined this website to get some more support along my journey! I am a 24 year old woman living in Halifax (born and raised)! I recently had lap-band surgery, well May 2, 2014. I traveled to Ontario for my surgery and wouldn't have changed a thing! My aunt had the slimband implanted approximately 4 years ago and she always told me I would benefit from it, and I am so glad I listened to her.

I am an emotional eater, I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, angry..well you get it. I have to say that hasn't changed with the band (because it is apart of who I am) but what has changed is the amounts that I consume when indulging. My pre-surgery weight (detox) was 252.8, day of surgery I was 238.8 and today, as I write this I am 217.8 (I guess my body likes the .8's). The one thing I promised myself before this surgery is that I would remain committed and not get hung up on the number, although that is hard. That might be the reason that I haven't lost a lot of weight at once...but I am super happy with my progress...I haven't gained one pound--just had a few plateaus! 

I have not be an ideal surgery paitent, because I still eat what I love, just in little portions. I have a hard time getting my protein in because to be frank, I just don't like the texture of chicken, I don't like the taste of fish and I don't eat eggs- so that leaves me with red meat and vegetarian proteins (I have some Channa Masala simmering on the stove right now! Yum)! I am living my life and using my and as a tool, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am here to answer any questions you may have! Don't hesitate to ask ! 

Nessa-B
on 1/13/15 4:19 am

Hello, I'd love to talk with you. I live near you and am hoping to get bariatric surgery. I'd love to hear about your experience. 😊

KRS2014
on 4/28/15 4:44 am
with

Hi Nessa,

Let me know what questions I can answer. I seriously love my sleeve and would have this surgery again in a heartbeat. It has allowed me to do so much more than I ever imagined. I'm looking forward to going on amusement park rides with my daughter this summer which will be a first for me. I was always too big and too scared of getting stuck on the ride or being told I was too big to go.

I haven't had any issues at all with my sleeve and am not sick in any way. I have energy and I'm training for my first 5K :)

Good luck!!

SS24Irises
on 8/4/15 9:59 am

Can I ask where you had  your surgery in Ontario as I am considering this option.

Most Active