Looking for kidney donor

dk0429
on 1/23/09 1:40 am - Petawawa, Canada
I understand this an awfully strange request on this forum and more than anyone could ask for, but I am going out on a limb in hopes I will be successful in finding what I'm looking for in this time of desperation

A dear friend is looking for someone with blood type O (positive or negative) who is willing to do the utmost honourable thing and donate one of their kidneys. She is a young mother of 3 and is currently on a waiting list for cadavar kidney (nearly an 8 year wait time). Her one functioning kidney is currently at a 17% function and dropping quickly... she will not make it even near the 8 years.

Please, if you or someone you know is O positive or negative and willing to do such an amazing thing, please, please, PLEASE contact me through private message. In addition, you will be paid for time off work and travel expenses.

Thank you for taking the time to read my plea and thank you in advance to anyone who messages me
~ Joanne

kyym
on 12/22/09 9:14 pm - Arva, Canada
I am a nom to 3 small children myself, if I was the correct blood type I would consider lookin into helping. I wish you all the luck Kim

Monica M.
on 6/8/12 3:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i know this is way out of time.

There is what's called a "paired donor exchange". My sister has described it as a "throw momma from the train" scenario.

You give a kidney to someone's person, someone else gives a kidney to your person. So you could put yourself in the running for a kidney donation to your friend, if you let them know you want to do this paired donor exchange.

momof2girlz
on 6/27/12 2:44 am - orangeville, Canada
My husband had a local girl donate to him 2 year ago this past April. An article was posted in the local newspaper, and she came forward...and after all testing, turned out she was a perfe ct match! I wish you all the best :)
Referral: Oct 19 2011      Info TWH : Dec 2 2011       BP Class: Feb
Nurse: July 30 2012     Diet/Nut: July 30 2012  Social Worker: July 30 2012
Surgeon:
March 15 2012 NOW April 02, 2012 Internist: July 23 2012 Surgery Date: ????????

I cancelled a couple of my appointments with surgeon, social worker, nurse ect, but now have them rebooked, and I have a different surgeon! Instead of Dr Sullivan, I have Dr.Sohi!

Most Active
Recent Topics