Need Help!

Angela K.
on 7/15/09 10:29 am

Hi

I am currently on 2 lists for WLS in New Brunsick.  My family doctor has recommended that I outsource surgery wait times in other provinces, the US or even Mexico.  This really scares me but my BMI is around 72.  If you can give me an idea of how long of a wait it is in other provinces etxc  I would really appreciate it. I called Medicare in NB and they advised that they will pay for surgery in another province  except Quebec but I need to find a doctor, then have my family doctor and the surgeon write a letter to the NB Medicare board to ensure payment would be made.  I'm lost at where to start so I thought I know...the great groups on OH can help.  I'm even considering going self pay if necessary

Thanks
Angela

Angela

truckingbride
on 2/5/12 2:29 pm - Harriston , Canada
I am in Ontario and going through the steps, I can give you my time line at my clinic. I was referred in August of 2010. I had my orientation in July 2011. I had my 1st visit with the nurse and dietition in October 2011, I had my 2nd visit in Feb 3rd 2012. Now I am waiting about 2 months for a surgery teaching class and surgery will be about a month after this,.
4-Jane
on 9/7/12 8:41 pm - Canada
 I am from North Western Ontario Thunder Bay we have a clinic but no surgeon yet we travel to Hamilton and our wait time seems to be just over a year can you get all your pre tests done so that might help? Good luck and I hope truly that you are not left waiting to long
Jane
 Respectfully Jane
Mr. Incredible
on 12/22/09 3:26 am - Canada
Hi ANgela- I found this on the Nunavut board- and notice no one responded to you.  If you still need help- let me know and I might be able to atleast point you in the right direction.
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Most Active
Recent Topics