Coming to vegas for sleeve...

valentinoAB
on 4/25/12 6:13 am
 Who are the best doctors?
Shana16
on 4/28/12 3:11 am - Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Atkins is  2nd rated but his bed side manner is rough.  When I was checking out all the doctors a lady passed out,( it was over 100 out side) He did nothing, not even stopped talking or call 911. Then Dr. Tang is 1st. Very strict!  If you don't lose what ever amount of weight he sets he will not do the surgery, very strict diet before and after.  And I went with Dr. Umbach.  His staff is caring and kind.  He answered all my questions took time with me.  He walked in wearing blue jeans and flip flops. 
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

valentinoAB
on 4/28/12 5:22 am
 What is he rated?

Shana16
on 4/28/12 2:25 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Who?  Dr. Tang is 1, Dr. Atkins 2, then there are few more the Dr. Umbach is down some what not for sure what they really are that is just what I hear from sites like this and working in 2 hospitals in Vegas. You know run of the mill gossip
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

valentinoAB
on 4/30/12 1:02 am
 I see ....but you really like Dr umbach?

How long have you been on your weightloss
Journey? How much have you lost? What is your
Goal?

Shana16
on 4/30/12 3:33 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I love him just cool laid back kinda doctor.  1 year this month.  I started 325 and to date 198.  My doctor's goal is 115 mine is what ever I feel the best at even if it is more then that but don"t think I will go under 115 but I have never been that weight so I will just have to see.  I am 5'0.  I started my weight loss journey about 15 years ago doing WW and every fad diet out there, will not much luck.  I have had the best luck with Atkins Diet ( love their bars).  Before surgery (2 weeks) I had to do the 2 shakes and one lean green meal a day.  At that stage I did the thicker shakes like BA now I love Muscle Milk.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

southbay311
on 5/13/12 2:01 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Dr Bernie Hanna is a wonderful surgeon, office is top notch and friendly. He has a Nutritionist on site, a primary care doc on site so it is all very convenient. The psych doctor is in the office on Saturdays so except for the surgery most is taken care of in one location.

I highly recommend Dr Hanna and Las Vegas Bariatrics on Fort Apache. When I was in the hospital the girls from the office called my home just to see how I was doing. You can't ask for more then that!

Since November 21, 2011 I have lost 82 pounds and just had the RNY 2/22/12...I never had any pain, or gas and from all that I have read that is close to a miracle. Great doctor!
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Most Active