Dr. Ahmad and Mather Hospital

jjsparkilzz
on 4/20/12 1:48 am - Selden, NY
Hello all...
I am going for my first consult with Dr. Ahmad today and wanted some feedback from those who had surgery with him. I am thinking about either the band or RnY. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences or some words of wisdom from those who have done their surgeries with him? I'd really appreciate it!
chris_ruff
on 4/21/12 4:02 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
i know one person who had surgery with dr. ahmad. i've nly ehard good things about him. as for surgery type, personally i would (and did) choose rny over the band, mainly because rny has greater success and less complications than the band. that being said, the ds and vsg are also worth looking into.
--Christina
stacy B.
on 5/6/12 12:52 pm - Wantagh, NY
 I heard the New York Bariatric Group at St. Charles Hospital is much better.  Dr. Angstadt is much nicer than Ahmad. I heard Mather is a factory with no personalized care.
Trish6660
on 4/5/13 2:23 pm - Long Island, NY

I agree Stacy...Dr. Ahmad's wife sucks as a support mediator.  She has her "favorites" and only those who sell and promote success are encouraged and supported.  All others are discouraged from coming.  Support is key, do not rely on Dr. Ahmad's so called support meetings to see you through.  Emotional support is vital to the successful outcome.  All they do is go around the room and discuss numbers.  THAT is not support.  We all have emotional issues that need to be addressed.  Of course they will encourage you to seek expensive therapy for this....again to sell more services.  I had no chance at success from the moment Seema told me exactly how much weight I would lose and she basically told me I was no longer a patient of Dr. Ahmad's because her golden boy had her ear and probably made up some story to them to turn them against me.  If Seema only took the time to hear my side of things, she would be ashamed of hersefl for doing so.  She is not very professional and I'm not even sure she qualifies as a weight loss counselor.  I would check into her credentials.  Yes, they are a factory and don't care about you after you are post-op.  This was my experience with them.

Trish
kaclark
on 6/12/12 5:33 am

Hi,

I am a patient of Dr. Ahmad's practice.  I had my rny on 2/17/10 and regularly attend his support groups.  I would highly recommend Dr. Ahmad and Mather Hospital.  I did a lot of research before my surgey and he came highly recommended, not only from patients, but other physicans.  He, his staff and Mather Hospital are outstanding.  They are always there if you need help or have questions.  They are very approachable and informative. 

I encourage you to do your research on the procedure and local doctors and to attend Dr. Ahmad's informational seminar and his support group meetings.  Many of his patients at the meetings will be happy to answer your questions.  

jessielynn0521
on 7/9/12 6:43 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
I go to the LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) support group & many people have had Dr Ahmad as their surgeon and they absolutely love him I have only heard good things about him.

Jessica

kaclark
on 7/9/12 6:57 am
I am actually attending my first LIPO meeting in Sayville on July 17th.  I look forward to meeting you.

Kelly
Kelly
rny-2/17/10
jessielynn0521
on 7/9/12 7:23 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
that is so awesome Kelly I will be there and look forward to meeting you.  They will welcome you with open arms LIPO is an amazing support group & awesome people

Jessica

Trish6660
on 4/5/13 2:15 pm - Long Island, NY

I had my surgery with Dr. Ahmad in 2006 and I would NOT recommend him.  His wife and staff are highly impersonal.  I was reprimanded 3 years post  op PUBLICALLY by Seema because she claimed I brought negativity to support meetings because I discussed my weight regain.  Dr. Ahmad as a surgeon is okay I suppose, but the post-op support sucks. If you are not selling surgery for them, they don't want you at support meetings.  ONLY success stories are allowed.  And they cater to their favorite poster child who's weight loss went to his head!!   I would recommend your going to Dr. Cussatti at Good Sam ...he has a good following and better support staff.  I no longer see Dr. Ahmad because of the poor demeanor in which I was handled by Seema.  At the support meetings all they discuss is numbers and how much weight everyone lost.  There's more to our obesity than that but they don't even barely touch on the real issues of how we got obese in the first place...there is no place for discussion in those so - called "support" meetings. 

Trish
AlyAbout2BaBride
on 4/13/13 12:22 am
RNY on 01/14/13

I had my RNY with Dr. Ahmad on Jan 14th and I have nothing but nice things to say about him, his wife, and the office staff.  I work in westchester, live in queens, and they have been so accommodating for me with my appointments.   If I email nutrition a question I get a response back with in 30 minutes,  great follow-up.  I think this is the best decision I made with the best Dr.   Good Luck.

I was recommended to him by my sisters friend who is also very happy.  A co-worker of mine also has now sched. her surgery with him for June.

Aly

Most Active
Recent Topics