Did NYS Medicaid cover your DS surgery?

tooshky
on 8/7/14 3:43 am

I'm disabled and have dual Medicare/Medicaid.  Today I had to call my insurers to find out what WLS are covered and what the requirements are.  When I called Medicare I fit all the reqs but they don't cover the VSG or DS.  When I called Medicaid, the gentleman said he could not find a list of surgeries covered or a list of requirements, just that bariatric surgery is covered as long as the doctor participates. 

Did any of you get your DS through NY's medicaid?  I'm really starting to worry that this might not happen for me :(

j3llyb3lly
on 9/28/14 6:53 am

Dear: Tooshky

dont know if you have gotten your approval yet .. But they do cover the DS.. I have Medicaid from NYS and also a patient of DR Roslin .. I was approved and my surgery is tomorrow ... Good luck and wish you the best .. Stay positive and just do all that is required of u ... 

lovely_me
on 12/6/14 1:53 pm - NY

Hi j3llyb3lly,

i am seeing one of Dr. Roslin's collegues, dr. Teixeira. How was your surgery? Hope you are feeling well. I had a RNY BACK IN 2006 but have regained 90lbs. How do you feel about your choice to have a DS?

Feb. 2006           11/05/06
Feb. 06                      Nov. 06
252lbs                        184lbs

Live life to the fullest and with a smile all the way

ChadianGoddess
on 10/4/21 12:59 pm
DS on 12/31/21

Yes, medicaid does cover it as long as you qualify for WLS: BMI of 35 with 2 co-morbidities OR BMI of 40 minimum.

Most Active
Recent Topics