Sleep Apena test

erica18
on 10/30/14 2:09 am

Hi! I recently had my 1st consult 1 week ago for SG and seems my BMI isn't at 40 its at 38.4 but i do have suffer from joint disease and have high cholesterol.  The doctor I saw told me I wasn't eligible due to my BMI and b/c I don't have any morbs.  I measured 5'1 when all along I thought I was 5'0 had I measured at this height I would have been a candidate  Anyway he's sending me for a sleep apena test, it's either this or I gain the 10lbs I need.  Sounds easy to gain I've been trying since last week and no luck!!!!  

Has anyone else needed to do have this test done just to become a canidate, if so were you diagnosed with sleep apena?

NYMom222
on 11/1/14 3:47 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sleep Apnea is one of the co-morbidities they look for. If you have it, then might qualify. My Doc said the only ones they consider are Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Sleep Apnea.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

erica18
on 11/3/14 12:19 am

I know due to me being a few points shy on my BMI this is the next step for me but its such a slow process I saw the doctor  3 weeks ago and i'm still waiting.  I told them if by then I gained the weight I forget the test.

Most Active
Recent Topics