My Big Day Is Tomorrow...

StephanieF
on 10/4/04 4:46 am - Rocky Point, NY
Hello friends, Well, tomorrow is the day! At 11:00am, I will officially be a bandster. I've been unexplainably calm the past couple of days, although I did have pre-op fears of not waking up after surgery, for the most part I'm not scared or nervous about anything else. I have a really close relationship with my aunt and she is a pro at surgeries, and we got to talking the other night about this. She reassured me that it's perfectly normal to have these thoughts. Today I have not had one thought like that, so I think that now it's finally sinking in that this is it. I took the day off from work today to relax and regroup , and also to stay by the bathroom...lol (that dreaded liquid diet!). I'm pleased to see that I've lost 5 pounds on the liquid diet. I've only been on it for 2 days. Not bad. I slept in this morning , and I am still a little bit tired, but I'm basically going over my checklist of things to do, things to pack etc. I think I'm gonna stick around home for the rest of the day. A friend of mine wanted to see me today, but I think I need this time for myself. I've been on the go all weekend running errands, I really haven't had the chance to just enjoy the "old me" before it begins to slowly shed. I guess this what they call the calming period before surgery. It's so wierd, yet welcoming at the same time. I'm really looking forward to this new journey. I have a lot of you to thank for making it easy thus far. You are a great support system, and I hope that they never shut this site down. I'll see you all on the losing side! Sincerely, Stephanie P.S. I am entrusting 2 AMOS buddies (my angels ) of mine to keep you posted of my progress until I am able to get back to the computer. Jane Abrams Tucker and Susan Kuom.
Mery Martinez
on 10/4/04 4:57 am - ELMHURST, NY
Stephanie Congratulations and I wish you all the best. Wish you a healthy and speedy recovery. GOD BLESS YOU Mery &
iuz2befat
on 10/4/04 5:18 am - BROOKLYN, NY
Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Christine
mom2daredevils
on 10/4/04 6:24 am - Hopewell Junction, NY
Best wishes, Stephanie! We'll be surgery buddies! I have the LAP RNY tomorrow..having many of the same feelings, but I went to work to stay occupied and not let my mind wander too much.....the liquid diet stinks! Claudia
Evelyn L.
on 10/4/04 6:30 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Stephaine I am so happy for you . We will all be here for you to welcome you to the losing side Oh what the Heck why not right now! WELCOMRE TO THE LOSING SIDE. May you have an uncomplicated surgery and a speedy recovery. God Bless You!!!!!!! Evelyn
Top S.
on 10/4/04 6:50 am
GOOD LUCK! Mel
Chelli
on 10/4/04 11:10 am - Queens, NY
I wish you all the best for a safe procedure and recovery. I am one day behind you. Looking forward to your update. -Michelle
Mamablack2k
on 10/5/04 2:26 pm - New York, NY
MAY GOD KEEP YOU SAFE IN HIS CARE! ALL THE BEST! MARTINE
Most Active
Recent Topics