Tomorrow is the day!!!!

Chelli
on 10/4/04 9:46 pm - Queens, NY
Hello everyone I can't believe it's here! I know these words have been echoed by many people. I am so happy that I can say them now and will be even happier when I can say I made it to the losing side. Thank you to all the wonderful people who take the time to read and respond to my inquiries and to those who offer support and encouragement. This place is irreplacable. After 25 years of obesity and a tease at being slimmer (-60lbs w/VBG-failed), I am sooooo ready. At this moment and for the last couple of days, I have been feeling a bit on edge, but good. The problem is that I am not nervous about the procedure, but about the recovery pain. I have had an open VBG in 2002 in a lousy hospital with no regard for the patients (forced me to lie down and get up repeatedly w/o med for x-rays less than 24hrs. after surgery, a nurse who insisted on giving me heparin shots intramuscularly (in my muscle) leaving my arm swollen and bruised for close to 3 months and a surgeon that showed his face for 3 mins in 4 days. As a person with a high threshold for pain, I was at the end of my rope. Being given the meds I was allergic to on discharge didn't help any I have off course changed my doctor and hospital and don't expect the same misconduct It's just a little hard to shake the feelings as I have to go through another open procedure With all that vented, thanks for allowing me to. Please keep me in your prayers I will keep you in mine I thank God for this opportunity again and I can't wait to start really living! -Michelle
Glenda-H
on 10/5/04 2:02 am - New York, NY
Hi Michelle Congratulations on your big day tomorrow. Wishing you all the best. I hope your experience this time around will be so much better than the last. My thoughts and prayers are with you for an uneventful surgery and a healthy and speedy recovery. {{{{{hugs}}}}} Glenda
Chelli
on 10/5/04 3:10 am - Queens, NY
Thanks Glenda! Funny, my aunt Glenda just called to wish me well too. Your good wishes are prayers are appreciated. -Michelle
Buzz F.
on 10/5/04 8:35 am - Merrick, NY
Michell, I am recovering now from my rny and it's not so bad.... I wish you all the best your gonna be great! Buzz
Chelli
on 10/5/04 12:50 pm - Queens, NY
Buzz, thanks a lot for the encouragement. I hope you continue to recover well. -Michelle
Mamablack2k
on 10/5/04 2:20 pm - New York, NY
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY 4 U! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP U SAFE! MARTINE
Chelli
on 10/11/04 11:38 am - Queens, NY
Thanks Martine/Sis The best to you as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics