ohio medicaid, HELP!!!

seiriamichelle
on 9/14/15 3:56 pm - Columbus, OH

Hey, everyone! I live in Columbus, Oh and just got approved for Medicaid through a managed care plan. I have been wanting to get the gastric bypass done for quite awhile. I need to choose a mcp. I'm leaning towards United healthcare community plan of Ohio. But there is also Molina. And Caresource. I need help choosing. Which would be better chances of getting approved. I have a bmi of 43. 

Also, what were your experiences with these mcp's? What are their requirements? a

I have hypothyroidism. However, it can be regulated with proper medication. Would that prevent me from getting approved? 

Anyone know of any surgeons in or near Columbus that accepts Medicaid?

I ended up choosing United Healthcare community plan of Ohio. So any information of getting approved through them would be great!

OH2012
on 10/19/15 5:53 pm - OH

Sorry, I can't offer you any help.....but I do wish you all the best!!!

Prov. 3:5,6

OH2012
on 10/19/15 5:58 pm - OH

Prov. 3:5,6

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/15 11:55 am

Ohio Medicaid covers wls you need to start with your family doctor. get started with a diet program through your family doctor and get them to give you a referral for surgery that its medically needed.. Good luck :)

wandak
on 2/12/16 6:51 am - lexington, oh
RNY on 01/05/16

Dr. Sonnenstine accepts care sourse. I was just asking about that yesterday. He did my surgery. Riverside Hospital.

Wanda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1100 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1480 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2363 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2265 views