Ohio Medicaid-Which plan has shortest diet requirements?

stormechaser
on 3/4/16 1:57 pm
DS on 06/08/17

Still trying to get this revision rolling after setbacks.

I wanted to know if anyone has used one of the Medicaid backed plans to get surgery. What were you required to do?

I had Molina before, but I am leaning towards UHC Community Plan. I still want to get the DS done, but it looks Dr. Teel left Premier Bariatrics in Dayton.

I am thinking Dr. Schumacher in Kettering or Dr. Lalor in Wood County.

Thoughts?

Darcy G.
on 3/7/16 8:13 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I don't know all the different providers for Medicaid, but there was a thread a few down from yours for UHC requirements.

I think Caresource requires 9 months of supervised dieting, Molina 6 months like UHC. I don't know what the others are, but pretty much all insurance companies are supposed to make their benefits listings/handbooks available online so you can make the best decision of what company to go with.

I'd start looking at each site and do some comparison shopping :)

Good luck!

Northerncrone
on 3/30/16 12:42 pm

I did not know that you could get bariatic surgery done with Medicaid. I have lost 112 lbs., but it has taken me 7 years. I had lost 123 lbs, but as soon as the plastic surgeon said I needed to loose another 25 to have my pannus removed I started gaining. I have both Medicaid and Medicare. This is great news.

Northerncrone
on 3/30/16 12:43 pm

I did not know that you could get bariatic surgery done with Medicaid. I have lost 112 lbs., but it has taken me 7 years. I had lost 123 lbs, but as soon as the plastic surgeon said I needed to loose another 25 to have my pannus removed I started gaining. I have both Medicaid and Medicare. This is great news.

dJenn
on 4/16/17 9:15 am

You should be able to find the website and requirements for each of the plans.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1103 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1482 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2366 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2267 views