80 BMI CARESOURCE WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY APPROVAL ODDS

mystyleangels
on 5/24/17 5:56 pm - COLUMBUS, OH

HI I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY, IM 498 AND I HAVE MEDICAID CARESOURCE, WILL THEY APPROVE SURGERY? DO I HAVE TO DO THE 9 MONTH SUPERVISED DIET? PLEASE HELP

Buckeyes2017
on 7/21/17 11:01 am
DS on 10/18/93

Caresource does pay for Bariatric Surgery, just like the other Medicaid plans. But you will have to follow a supervised diet for quite a while, have a psychiatric exam, meet with a nutritionist/dietician, and probably attend WLS support groups. Talk to your PCP about sending over a referral, if you have any heart conditions you will probably need your Cardiologist to sign off. OSU, Mt.Carmel, and Riverside all have Bariatric Surgeons. I know OSU takes Medicaid. Probably the other 2 also. Good Luck.

missljb
on 4/21/18 1:54 pm

I too have CareSource and I struggle with this. You have to do the 9 month supervised diet in order to be approved for the surgery. Thing is, I can't work because of my weight but am continually denied disability benefits. So, I can't receive SNAP benefits. All in all, this means I cannot afford foods I would need to maintain the diet. If you don't stick to the diet, you are denied. Basically, they all want poor fat people to die.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1100 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1480 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2363 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2265 views