Recent Posts

robinwhitehair
on 11/8/09 10:20 pm
Topic: RE: Accommodations available at the Cleveland Clinic ???
Kathy, I am going tomorrow to Cleveland.  I will let you know how it goes and if I can get any Info to help you I will pass it on to you as well.  Keep your spirits up because "we" can do this!!!
Have a Great Happy Day!
Robin
Kanimproves
on 11/8/09 8:43 pm
Robin,
Just hearing those words "Healthy Again and look good"... is music to my ears. If I get a similar answer I'd be estatic!!! I'm so tired of my surgeon telling me that he doesnt' make mistakes and I just need to eat less... that has been so frustrating... especially not feeling like the surgery made any difference in myworld. 
You'll have to keep me posted on your surgery date in December. Who knows maybe I'll have an appointment that day and can tell Dr. Schauer I'm looking for a Robin from "South" of here :-).
Your positive energy is just wonderful. I wish you the best. Kathy
robinwhitehair
on 11/8/09 12:35 pm
Topic: RE: 3 months post surgery and new to this site
THERESA- YOUR PRICELESS STATEMENT IS SO TRUE AND I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AS WELL I ENJOY READING ABOUT EVERYBODY AND THEIR ADVENTURE.  I AM HAVING SURGERY NEXT MONTH IF ALL GOES WELL.  I GO 11/10/09 FOR THE SURGICAL SEMINAR AND 12/1/09 IS THE PRE-OP BLOOD WORK AND EKG.  I AM NERVOUS, I AM GOING THROUGH THIS ALONE AND I AM SO SCARED BUT I KEEP TELLING MYSELF IT IS FOR MY HEALTH SO I CAN LIVE.  ENJOY LISTENING TO EVERYBODY.
robinwhitehair
on 11/8/09 12:27 pm

IN 1998 I HAD A VBG DONE, IT HAD LASTED TILL 2006.  THE WEIGHT STARTED COMING BACK AND NOW I AM BIGGER THAN I EVER WAS BEFORE MY SURGERY.  DR SCHAUER AND HIS ASSISTANT ASSURED ME THEY CAN MAKE ME HEALTHY AGAIN AND LOOK GOOD.  AS LONG AS I FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES, I KNOW I WILL THIS TIME FOR I AM BY MYSELF AND I HAVE TO BE STRONG FOR MYSELF.
I CAN NOT HELP YOU WITH THE DIRECTIONS FOR I AM 3 1/2 HOURS AWAY FROM CLEVELAND AS WELL BUT SOUTH.  THE HOTELS ARE PLENTIFUL BUT I WOULD CALL IN ADVANCE UNLESS IT IS WEEK DAY AND NOT FRIDAY.  I WISH YOU ALL THE SUCCESS AS WELL AND MAYBE ONE DAY WE WILL MEET... ROBIN

Kanimproves
on 11/8/09 10:12 am
Hi Robin,
I am trying to get an appointment with Dr. Schauer. I had RNY surgery in 8/2007 and the results were less than anything I had anticipated. I live in NY state and had my origional surgery at Hamot in Erie PA. My doctor has not been much help at all. The weight is climbing back on at a steady rate even with exercising, gettting in my protien , journaling and drinking my water.

I tried here in NY to find an in network bariatric surgeon to take a look at my situation and see what they'd suggest. Well the only thing the surgeons here said .. were we dont' touch anyone that isnt' a "bariatric-virgin"... and to go to the Cleveland Clinic.

I had to file an appeal with my insurance company... to get approval for an out of network doctor's visit. I just got the approval letter last friday. Now to hope and pray that Dr. Schauer will take a look at my situation and see what he can suggest.

I'll be the first to admit that RNY did not work for me....but I want to know why??? Now to find directions to Ohio and find the bariatric clinic there. I fear I'll be taking the 3.5 hour drive in a snowstorm... but I want answers . I pray that Cleveland Clinic can help me with the answers I seek.

I wish you the best with your surgery. You've got one of the best surgeons and I've met a couple of his success stories.  Thanks for sharing how nice and friendly everyone in Cleveland is. I look forward to meeting everyone there.  What type of surgery did you have previously? I'll post again when I get an appointment.
Kathy
anderson_nelda
on 11/8/09 3:19 am - OH
Topic: RE: Goal Weight
YOU GO GIRL WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO SPECIAL FOR YOURSELF?

"AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD"  NELDA

robinwhitehair
on 11/8/09 12:34 am
HI-MY SURGEON IS DR.SCHAUER AT THE CLEVELAND CLINIC, VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY HOSPITAL.  I AM HAVING SURGERY IN DECEMBER IF ALL GOES WELL, AM NERVOUS BUT EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME.  I AM HAVING A REVISION, DR.SCHAUER WANTS ME TO HAVE THE RNY. 
THE HOTELS ARE CLOSE AND EASY EXCESS TO THE HOSPITAL, SOME OFFER DISCOUNTS IF YOU SAY YOU ARE A PATIENT AT THE CLEVELAND CLINIC.  DO YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR APPT?

TO NEW YOU
ROBIN
SonnieGirl
on 11/7/09 11:21 pm
Topic: RE: Goal Weight
I am so excited for you....
We can jump up and down together.....I can't wait till mine hits
Call Me

Sonya
Kanimproves
on 11/7/09 11:06 am
I'm awaiting a phone call back from the office coordinator Kim. I hope I can get an appointment with Dr. Schauer for an intial consult ASAP.  I did a mapquest for Cleveland Clinic and see it's a 3.5 hour drive one way from my home in NY State. I'll keep you posted via this group. Thanks so much for your help. Kathy
Robin W.
on 11/7/09 8:28 am - Franklin, OH
Topic: RE: Soon to have GBP , Looking for a few mentors
WELCOME to OH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You didn't say which type of GBP  you are having but there are a lot of boards to look around RNY, Sleeve, Band, DSBP, sometimes the OH board can get a little slow. Again  WELCOME 
Robin

4'10" - 47 I'm short but not petite and I will weigh more than a 5th grader
Start weight 220 
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  Dr. Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1102 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1481 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2364 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2265 views