We're on the way....

JustNan
on 9/10/11 9:48 am - Lawton, OK
 Hubby and I met with Dr. Broussard yesterday, and are now officially on our journey.  We do the nutrition, exercise and psych on Oct 13th, and will be attending a support group meeting that night also.   So we've got a month to get our labs, sleep studies and ekg's done.  Easy Peasy!   I am SO nervous, I keep wondering what am I getting myself into?   Our Pt advocate is Tina, and she was super nice and comforting.  Dr. B is straight forward and was honest with hubby about his Crohn's disease and wants him to get clearance from a gastro doctor first, so his surgery is still a maybe, but he is still going to go thru everything to prepare for it, then for some reason if the gastro says it's not a good idea he will do the medical weight loss program. 
motomom_73069
on 9/11/11 5:13 am - Norman, OK
Congratulation, Dr B is the best and he will make sure you are both 100% safe and ready before he does surgery.  That's one of the things I admire about him most.  He shoots you straight.  You're off on a really exciting journey now!!
"It doesn't matter how strong your opinions are, if you don't use them for positive change, you ARE, indeed, part of the problem"

Brittany E.
on 9/12/11 12:25 am - Norman, OK
I'll be at the support group that night to hear Dr. Sawan speak so I'm sure it'll be a crazy full one! Best of luck to you and your hubby! I'm SO excited for you!
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
JustNan
on 9/13/11 10:44 am - Lawton, OK
 Thanks Girls!  We are excited to get started too.  I'll look for you at the meeting Brittany! 
Most Active
Recent Topics