Just to see if you are out there!

mamacj
on 9/19/11 9:42 am - Vinita, OK
Okay, I am just going to post an annoying daily message until all my OH friends start posting again. I had a good day. Even went for a walk. I forgot how much I like to exercise, makes me feel so full of energy!
Well, I guess that wasn't too annoying :)
Have a great week!
CJ   Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels!!!
Initial consult 7/31/08 Surgery date 10/9/08

Brittany E.
on 9/19/11 9:59 am - Norman, OK
I'm here! I've done really good with my food today and will be getting on the elliptical in a few minutes. Hopefully I can keep up the food goodness and drop a few pounds this week! Much luck for the week!
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
mamacj
on 9/19/11 10:32 am - Vinita, OK
Good work Brittany! Glad you are having a great day. Talk to you tomorrow

mamacj
on 9/20/11 8:11 am - Vinita, OK
Back again today. I did well with eating today but no walk, my ankle is sooooooo swollen, guess I need a bike to keep from bringing all this weight down on my ankle. Will work on that. Have a great Wednesday!

Brittany E.
on 9/20/11 10:44 am - Norman, OK
I'm here! I did pretty well on food today...now I'm trying to muster up the motivation to get on the elliptical! Ugh!
mamacj
on 9/21/11 9:25 am - Vinita, OK
Okay, Day 3 of the new attitude! Good day. Late getting home tonight, oh well, better late than never

Brittany E.
on 9/21/11 10:31 am - Norman, OK
Definitely true! I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and now I'm having some dinner...going in for an ultrasound and test on my gallbladder Friday so I'm on a zero fat diet all day tomorrow. We'll see how that goes lol. You're doing great!
mamacj
on 9/21/11 11:02 am - Vinita, OK
Well, if it's your gallbladder, you will feel so much better without it! I gave mine up 21 years ago (9 weeks after my first baby was born!). No fat isn't too bad, I was on it for 6 weeks before my surgery and it kept me from having gallbladder attacks. Best wishes! Keep up the good work on that exercise, you are inspiring me to get busy

mamacj
on 9/22/11 9:47 am - Vinita, OK

Day 4, had to make a trip to OKC and back today for training so I spent most of the day in the car. Had breakfast at home, a nice box lunch at the training and now dinner at home. No snack food and only water & diet coke to drink. That's a good day. Have a great Friday everyone, especially Brittany

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 11:42 pm - Durant, OK

Hi, I hope you don't mind busting in on your post.  I had my surgery two months ago and just want to talk to people who have had the lap band.  I only know one other person in my town who has the lap band.  It is kind of depressing because your experiences....well no one can empathize and it makes it hard for interaction.  For instance, I recently went to an business luncheon.  One of my co-workers kept trying to get me to eat.  I kept saying no thank you but I finally had to tell him I had the lap band and I wasn't hungry.  I don't want to tell people about the surgery because of never knowing how they will react.  I have gotten happy responses to horror tales to just rude comments about looking for a man.  I lost my husband three years ago but I am not doing this for that reason.  I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and severe edema to my lower extremities.  I did this so I could see our son grow up and hopefully be alive for my grandchildren.

I'm sorry.  What I just said is kind of depressing.  I probably needed to vent.  Really want to apologize but at the same time I am not erasing it.  Did you have the same experiences or were people supportive to you.  I knew going into this I did not have a good support system.  I guess I thought I was prepared.  One of you girls needs to tell me to stop whining and put on my big girl panties...lol.  That is what I would say to myself.

Thank you.  Have a good weekend.

Most Active
Recent Topics