New to the OK forum

_aprilh_
on 10/5/11 1:16 pm - OK
Hello,
I had a VSG in March and I have done well with my weightloss until about 3 weeks ago. As Dr. Broussard would say, I am back on bread. I have been stressed to the gills and have been turning to food. I find myself eating until I am phyaically sick and throwing up. The minute I feel better, I go back to eating. Needless to say, I have not conintued to lose and maybe have even gained (I am afraid to weigh). I would really appreciate any prayers and encouragement you can give. I know what I need to do but I also feel like I am an alcoholic walking into a bar everyday, everywhere I go. At work there are bowls of candy and people bringing goodies and pies all the time. At home I have 4 children and live on a very tight budget so cheap food (the wrong kind) everywhere. I keep turning to food. I don't want to but I do. I know I should probably seek out professional help but I can't afford it. I attend a support group occasionally but they only meet once a month. I am so tired of fighting this addiction.  Please pray for me! Thanks!

"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Brittany E.
on 10/6/11 4:18 am - Norman, OK
You're definitely in my thoughts! Do you attend support groups? Maybe a few sessions with Dr. Keller would be beneficial. He can help you work through the stress and maybe give you some better ideas for coping skills. I had mine in July and the last two weeks I have had some major gallbladder issues and it hurts pretty bad to work out so I just go home and sit in my recliner and watch TV. I've also gotten a tiny bit back into the carb monster but I am nipping that in the bud everyday. Maybe make a shopping list with the kids and choose foods that are healthy and they would like. Possibly a trip to see either Steph or Chris if you paid for the prepaid aftercare package? I'm rooting for you and I know you can get back on track!
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
mamacj
on 10/6/11 8:32 am - Vinita, OK
Prayers coming your way. I totally understand, I have regained weight and can't understand why I keep eating. Log on here anytime and let your emotions and rants go. We are a really sympathetic group :)
Welcome to OH Oklahoma Forum!
CJ
CJ   Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels!!!
Initial consult 7/31/08 Surgery date 10/9/08

Karen-Adventure
on 10/6/11 10:56 am
I am so sorry you are having a difficult time and my prayers are with you.  Are you able to make the group meetings on Thursdays at Weightwise because those meet every Thursday.   I always feel better and more focused after I attend.  Maybe talk to Dr Keller and see if he will see you a few times.  Maybe he will do payments or something.  Wouldn't hurt to ask.  Carbs are from the devil or at least that is what my niece says.  Maybe try and take your diet back to the beginning that isn't too expensive.  Like eggs, tuna, chicken etc.  May give your stomach a chance to rest and fill you enough that carbs won't be so seductive.  You are in my prayers

Karen 

Most Active
Recent Topics