Anyone have surgery with Dr. Lana Nelson or Dr. Andrew Wheeler? Please Share your...

Lace1079
on 8/19/13 6:04 am - OK
So I am planning to have RNY gastric bypass with Dr. Nelson, BUT I've heard the Dr. Wheeler is really good (especially bedside manner and pain management). They are in practice together. I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on them.....
Stephanie H.
on 8/23/13 11:17 pm - OK
RNY on 02/12/13

Dr. Nelson did my surgery.  I was very impressed with her, her bedside manner is great and as for pain management, they offer and you do have to ask if your in pain.  I chose to stop pain meds as soon as I could as I do not like the way pain meds make me feel.  I also had the gastric bypass and to date I have lost approximately 102 lbs. Hurray me!!!!frown

bneill38
on 8/24/13 6:31 am
Dr.nelson did my surgery 8/13. Shes been great.answer all your question, doesnt try to rush you out of your appt.great with given pain meds when needed. Abby their nutritionist is great. I had to go to emergency room and as soon as i got out i went to her office and got seen right away.

One thing they have a store where you buy your meal replacement shakes. They are expensive but the nutrition lady said you can use bariatric fusion its the same as what they offer but cheaper. Just Google bariatric fusion..
Christy C.
on 10/18/13 7:21 am - Oklahoma City, OK

Dr. Nelson did my RNY on 7/23/13. I really like her. Her PA is also very nice. Her staff is not always as on it as I would like but that would also be Dr. Wheeler's staff. Nothing that would make me change surgeons at all just seem to be slow at times. She ensured that I was comfortable and had plenty of pain medication available. I would recommend her!

HW 280  SW 258     GW 165

Most Active
Recent Topics