OKC LOOKING FOR SUPPORT GROUP!

Mandydanee
on 5/29/16 8:49 am

Hey Okies! I am having surgery in July in Mexico. I'm looking for the best support group to join. Does anyone attend one here in the metro? 

vlmilton
on 6/10/16 3:04 pm

a co worker just had her surgery in mexico 4 months ago and she is on a facebook support group. you should try there.

pammieanne
on 7/18/16 8:32 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I have a friend that attends in Norman. Not sure how far that is for you. You might also want to check with the bariatric surgeons in Edmond to see if they have one.... I'm guilty of not doing the 'in person' support groups... I'm addicted to the online versions (here and a couple of other boards).

But maybe we should have a get together here! I know there'a a few of us from the OKC area on this board!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

cat59
on 1/23/18 2:20 pm - Reydon, OK

WeightWise Baratrics in Edmond has a support group that meets regularly. The clinic's psychologist runs the group, and you have everyone from pre-surgery to post-surgery in there. It's very good, and post-ops answer a lot of the questions that they have. I'll never forget a woman who was worried about having WLS because she didn't want flabby skin. All 3 of us sitting up front answering questions looked at each other, and without missing a beat raised our arms and flapped our bat wings. Then we told her, these are our badge of honor. These show that we were committed to getting healthy, and no amount of flabby skin was going to hold us back. Yes, I would love to have plastic surgery someday, but to have done what I need is upwards of $35k, so Spanx do the job nicely except for my arms, and that's something I deal with.

sherrie T.
on 2/24/18 10:00 am - CLAREMORE, OK

its sad to me how this board has died down. I remember when I could come here for support and advice. I guess life and people move on. I recently got my prior authorization from my insurance to start the next phase towards getting wls. I have been trying to get insurance to help me for many years. I was hoping to come here and find some encouraging words but I guess like me everyone else got busy else where and forgot about this page. so sad..

Most Active
Recent Topics