SELF-PAY ONLY WAY???

Ken H.
on 8/30/03 2:05 am - Edmond, OK
I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT SELF-PAY IS THE ONLY WAY I AM GOING TO GET THE WLS/RNY I NEED...I HAVE HEALTHCHOICE WHICH IS ABOUT ALL ANYONE NEEDS TO HEAR...BUT I HAVE ALSO BEEN TO THE STATE INSURANCE COMMISIONS APPEALS HEARING.....NO APPEALS TO IT THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK AT IT WHEN THEY HEAR EXCLUSION-CLAUSE....I HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOME OF YOU WHO HAVE DONE THE SURGERY BY WAY OF SELF-PAY AND WHAT THE RISKS/EXTRA COSTS AND ETC...THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR RESPONDING...KEN HADLEY/EDMOND, OKLAHOMA
madbird
on 9/14/03 2:05 pm - Jennings, Ok
Hi, I had my insurance pay for mine,but I was checking for my sister and found a post in Mexico about someone that hleps finace people that self pays.It had to do with surgeons in Mexico.Sorry I could not be more help.Good Luck
Crystal D.
on 9/28/03 3:29 am - OK
I was a self-pay patient too. My insurance would absolutely not cover it. I was determined and decided to self-pay. I went to Dr. Mark Gibbs in Little Rock, AR. Total cost was $12,100. That covered surgeon fee, anesthesia, hospital and pre-op testing. E-mail me if you want further information. Thanks. 3/26/03 277/204/165
monica C.
on 10/29/03 7:15 am - lawton, ok
I was wondering what type of payments were you facing after the procedure? I am in need and am willing to do what ever it takes to make it happen.
Crystal D.
on 10/29/03 8:35 am - OK
I was actually prepared to use credit cards.. but didn't have to, thank goodness. I refinanced my home w/ a lower interest rate. The diferrence between the old (9.9%) and the new (3.9%) gave me the money I needed to pay for surgery. Dr. Gibb's office does do financing. (credit approval required) They stated it would be about $10 a month for every $1000 you borrow. So to pay for the surgery totally, it would be around $120 monthly for payments. If you want his information, please let me know. I don't know of any other surgeons who offer financing. I'm not sure who they finance through either, but sounds like it's worth it. Good luck on your journey!
monica C.
on 10/30/03 11:30 am - lawton, ok
Thanks for the info, please send the # of the M.D that was opffering this. At this point a payment would be well worth it (smile)
Crystal D.
on 10/31/03 9:44 am - OK
Dr. Mark Gibbs 501-227-9080 Little Rock, AR
Most Active
Recent Topics