optifast in windsor

on_mels_mind
on 3/28/11 1:08 am - Canada
my pharmacist has never heard of it & he couldnt find it on the computer. i am not to the surgeon stage yet but want to get some to use as a replacement when i'm on the run with the kids and could be missing a meal. where do i buy it in the windsor area? and i'm also open to optifast adapting methods. i hear some people on here have some good ways to make it more pleasant. :)
Maria D.
on 3/28/11 1:12 am
Hi Mel,

I was told at the Guelph Bariatric Clinic that it is not available to pharmacies.  It must be purchased at the clinic.  I'm pretty sure all the other clinics are the same.  Hope this helps.  Also, I know that sometimes members have it for sale on this forum.

Good luck.

Maria
Referral sent Apr 26 2010 Sleep Clinic May 20 2nd Referral send June 2  Orient6ation Nov 25 1st appts. Mar 09, 2011 Internist appt Apr 01  2nd appts Nov 15 Nut Class Dec 13

on_mels_mind
on 3/28/11 1:16 am - Canada
thanks! i will give the clinic a call to find out. :)
debralight
on 3/28/11 1:56 am - Canada
For a meal replacement you  might want to try Whey Isoburst protein powder from GNC - i get the vanilla and doctor it up. 2carbs and 40 protien plus whatever is in the milk you use.

Mix it up with crystal lite or the sugar free syrups for a change in taste.  Easier to access than optifast.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

on_mels_mind
on 3/28/11 2:09 am - Canada
thank you. i have heard the syrups mentioned before. what exactly are they and where are they available?
tata2
on 3/28/11 2:42 am - Canada
Opti fast is by perscription only by your surgeon. It is much to expensive to be using as a meal replacement in my own opinion. I would use a protien drink or meal replacement like boost if that is what you are looking for.

on_mels_mind
on 3/28/11 2:45 am - Canada
okay. thank you! i was finding it kind of odd that i couldnt find it anywhere around here that i was looking. and that my pharmacist couldnt even find it listed on the computer. i was hoping to compare the price of it with boost and such if i had found it, but had no luck. thanks for the reply. :)
tata2
on 3/28/11 2:48 am - Canada
I too am from WIndsor and just got my optifast 2 weeks ago. For a 2 week supply it was $160.00! As I said way too expensive to be using it just for a meal replacement. Try boost for diabetics it is a lot cheaper.

LouiseF
on 3/28/11 8:33 am
One of the things that helps me keep on track is having good food choices handy to throw in my bag on my way out the door- so when I need a snack, I have healthy choices available. My go to items are : babybel cheese- it's in single servings, pre-wrapped - there are other cheese available that I've seen at Costco. Melba toast- comes wrapped in two slice pkgs, almonds- also pre-wrapped, fibre one oat bars- there are lots of low carb ones out there. I keep a lot of bottles of water, or no cal lemon-green tea on hand too.
I'm sure others here will post their fav items.

Optifast is nasty stuff- made with high fructose corn syrup. There are far better meal replacement choices out there- read the labels- Carnation instant breakfast- SF is one.
BMI 36 with co-morbiditites : Hypertension  GERD    HW-240,
Orientation weight 230, SW 213, CW- 162 

Help a great kid.

Migraine sufferer - see my blog for help getting VSG
on_mels_mind
on 3/28/11 8:46 am - Canada
thanks. the labels still confuse me a bit. i havent had an appointment with the dietician yet. can you suggest any brands of granola bar type things that would be best choices?
Most Active
Recent Topics