28 months post op

SassiestLassie
on 3/29/11 10:57 pm - Nepean, Canada
Boy time really flies.  150 pounds lost, still 100 to go,  HOPEFULLY!!!!  At least 50 for me to be healthy for the rest of my life.  Really haven't lost anything since 8 months out.  Lots of factors, re-finding food.  Grazing.  COPD limits the amount of exercise (strenous exercise) needed for weight loss at this point.  The whole experience is wonderful.  My life although not perfect has certainly taken a step for the better.  My only disappointment I think is OHIP's short sightedness on the need for therapy after surgery.  The little bit obtained before could be far more benefitial afterwards when you're struggling.  As time goes on I'm sure it will happen.  I've changed jobs since December.  I've gone from a part-time job sitting in front of a computer 95 percent of my time to a full time job where I'm standing 95 percent.  I thought I would try and force more exercise into my day.  Doing a swimming class erobic class.  Have not been to the gym since I started my new job in December.  Still paying those fees though.  I'm too afraid that if I stop I won't ever get back on the wagon again.  Each day is still an adventure, one that I'm slowly become more in control of.  Despite the lack of weight loss I have much more sagging skin that I did in Dec.  So I figure I must have traded it for muscle.  Got only knows I only started to find some of that after 30 years.   LOL   Good luck to all who are also taking this trip.  My health is so much better than when I started the trip.  No blood pressure pills, asthma more in control though still needing a little bit of help.  Will check in every now and again.  Everyone need support.

Karen M #2
on 3/30/11 12:17 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 04/20/10 with
Congrats Linda! You've done awesome, keep up the great work!

HW-328/SW-309/CW-163/GW-160
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.  - Robert Collier

Follow me on Twitter!: Karen_M_2

jdance
on 3/30/11 12:36 am - Canada
Good for you.
You've come along way, don't give up.
You are so much better off than when you started.
All the best in your continued journey
J

Monica M.
on 3/30/11 4:29 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you've done so well, congrats on getting as far as you have done. Keep on the program, try not to let those food demons get to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics