Need a boost WLS friends!

Jessica A.
on 3/30/11 3:35 am - Canada

Lately I have found my self esteem really suffering. Im not sure why this is..because I have come so far. Anyone else get the blues regarding their appearance? I will be 3 years out in Aug and for some reason my self esteem is lower now than it was at 328lbs!! UGH!!

TOVAKINS WAS MY ANGEL!

Diana B.
on 3/30/11 3:45 am
RNY on 07/20/12
I haven't had the surgery yet, but I think I understand where you're coming from. It's almost like your mind is playing tricks on you. When I got married, I was a size 8. People said I was glamorous and all that, but I remember at the time, I felt overweight and concentrated on my flaws. Even on my honeymoon, I was self-conscious in a bathing suit, but when I look back at the pictures, I don't get why. I think some of us are programmed to be hard on ourselves. I don't know what to suggest. Maybe go out and treat yourself to a new outfit or a massage? From your picture, I honestly think you look amazing!  
Referral Sent to Ottawa WMC December 16th 2010
Info Session/First Appointment March 25th 2011
Surgical Assessment January 3rd 2012
Dietitian and Behaviourist February 15th 2012
Abdominal Ultrasound May 8 2012
Surgical Education Class June 13 2012
Surgeon Appointment June 28 2012
SURGERY!!!!! July 20 2012

samtq
on 3/30/11 3:49 am - Ottawa, Canada
I'm sorry you're feeling so down but I understand.  I have a theory about this.

When we were big we had been big for X number of years and had grown to accept ourselves as we were and that helped with our self confidence.  We knew who we were because we had been that for so long.

Now we have these new bodies that we are still becoming accustomed to and our self confidence ebbs and flows.

Take it a step further and this applies to me:  In the dating world when I was bigger and dating someone I knew they knew who I was because the outside reflected who I was underneath my clothes as well.  Now I have this seemingly great body but when I take my clothes off the ravages of the excess weight and subsequent weight loss are very evident.  This is where my self confidence has plummetted big time!  I was never shy being intimate before but I am now.... go figure.
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
jdance
on 3/30/11 5:16 am - Canada
I'm certainly not 3 years out, but went thru a major identity crisis a short while ago. Kept seeing this slimming woman but when i looked in the mirror I was an OLD slimming woman.

Went and had a makeover, a new hairstyle, cut and colour was just what i needed. Now I feel all put together. Go buy a new outfit and accessories as well, will make you feel like a million bucks.

Jessica A.
on 3/30/11 5:54 am - Canada

THANKS EVERYONE!!

I just got off the treadmill...and I ran..yep RAN!! that was a bit of a boost!! 

TOVAKINS WAS MY ANGEL!

samtq
on 3/30/11 6:01 am - Ottawa, Canada
Running always helps.  I NEVER feel bad about myself after a run!!  Good for you.
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
Most Active
Recent Topics