When Things Are Rough!!

pinkjellybean
on 3/31/11 4:32 am, edited 3/31/11 4:34 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I recently weighed myself after not getting on the scale for nearly 2 months and I gained like 15 pounds.  I am so upset.  I've had so much stress in my life and didn't even realize that I'd stopped going to the gym and slowly buggered out on my eating.  I was so irresponsible and now I'm admitting that to myself and moving on!

My bad luck started when my 2 year old broke her collar bone followed by 2 back to back ear infections in my 4 year old.  We were just recovering from our kids being sick when I got sidelined with an lower respiratory infection....AND then ended up getting assaulted at work and had to go through a police investigation!!!  Sounds like the bad news should stop there but then my aunt who has leukemia was one week away from coming home from hospital when she caught an infection and ended up dying - so we did the whole visitation and funeral thing and literally the day after my aunt died I landed myself in the hospital where I was diagnosed with pneumonia!!  Holy Mackeral right?!?!  

Then I decided to potty train my 2 year old!  Yikes mama!

So I'm thinking.....this has to be it right?

Fingers crossed. 

I'm a pretty motivated person over all and at least I realized the downward slide before I was back at 390 and gaining...but jeepers creepers!! 

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Lil-Stinker
on 3/31/11 4:58 am
Wow, that's nearly impossible for any human being to handle let alone get skinny while handling it. I am so glad the worst is over. I broke my collar bone when i was 10 and it hurts a lot. I couldn't have a cast because of the location. I had to wear a sling. Chin up my friend... it will get better. You are on the road to a much better life.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Joyce J.
on 3/31/11 4:58 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Wow, what a time you have had. I'm sure things will get better noww.

My advice is to get back on that horse and get on track.  
We usually encourage people not to get obessed with the scale and not to weigh too much. In this case I think you need to concentrate on the scale for a bit and weigh yourself more often for a bit until you see a change in the weight. Once you see that change you will feel a little more positive..

Keep posting here and update us with your progress.
I know how these things can affect your eating habits.   Many of us have been there

I hope this comes out ok cause weird things were happening while I was typing it LOL

Take care
Hope things pick up for you

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Lisa3756
on 3/31/11 5:18 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Yikes!!!  What a stressful time.  One thing after the other!  Here's to hoping this is the last of it for now.

There's a two part expression, the first part you've probably heard before "God doesn't give us more than we can handle" the second part is " I just wish He didn't have so much faith in me!"

Remember to take care of you!!!
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Sirene
on 3/31/11 5:22 am - Ottawa, Canada
Ouch!!

Sounds like you have had a rough go of it recently!
I wont tell you a bunch of stuff you already know.....but good for you for catching yourself before you got totally out of control. You said it yourself, admit it and move on. To me, I think thats really the key....learn from your mistakes and carry on, sistah!!

Good luck!!
*hugs!*

Jennifer  

allmylife4
on 3/31/11 7:34 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12
Wow!! That's a lot for one person to take. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you have a very strong support system. With everything going on it's not surprising that you had no time for the gym. Glad to hear you are motivated and getting back on track. Here's to smooth sailing from here on out.

Julie

Julie    
pinkjellybean
on 3/31/11 2:11 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Thanks everyone!  It feels so silly to think of letting a bunch of cir****tance steer me off track but I'm really proud at myself for recognizing it  - in the past I wouldnt' have recognized it until I had gained back all the weight plus 20-30 pounds.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics