Bad mood pre-op

Gabygee
on 4/1/11 3:14 am - Canada
Today's not a great day.

It's day 10 of OptiFast, and I've lost 10 lbs. Actually a reason to be happy.
Had a great Mississauga Cawfee last night - lot of people turned out, and so many positive stories...
I should be happy, but
Monday is my surgery - I got bumped back from 10 am - 2 other RNY's the same morning for Dr Starr apparently.

I find I am absolutely out of any patience at all, at work, and am in a foul mood.
Things that I normally joke about and slough off as just people being people are bugging the heck out of me today.
Also, I have found that my emotions are closer to the surface since starting OptiFast. I'm headachy and irritable.
I'd like to think I'm not nervous about the actual surgery, having had so many, but I'm wondering...

I'd better get a handle on this before I alienate my manager, already shouted at him once today.

Karen M.
on 4/1/11 3:17 am - Mississauga, Canada
Awwww Gaby.... sorry to hear you're having a rough day.  You're under a lot of stress with surgery coming on Monday and I think it's just finally gotten to you and you've had enough with the waiting, the Optifast, and the worry.  Hang in there, friend. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Lil-Stinker
on 4/1/11 3:31 am
I can't help but wonder if i will be that irritated too. I can totally see myself like that on Optifast. Hang in there. *hugs*
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Lisa3756
on 4/1/11 3:56 am - Ottawa, Canada
You've got a lot on your mind!  *hugs* Things will get better.
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
3littlepigs
on 4/1/11 4:01 am
You are not alone.  I was a total beatch to my hubby.  I felt like I was PMSing the whole time when I was on Optifast. And of course I did have my period and that didn't help.  I really believe it was the way I handled all of the fears I had about the surgery.  I remember laying on the operating table and I started to get teary with nerves.  I worried about my kids, husband, and finally decided to worry about myself and started praying(not normally a religious person).  When I woke up from the surgery I was so glad to be alive and have never looked back.  Now I'm too happy if that's possible.   Good luck with the surgery and enjoy a bubble bath tonight or a long walk in the nice weather.
Cheers,
Donna

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 4:27 am
Yup, I remember when...
I told my son and my husband that I might be grumpy in that time and it gave me pause to think about what I would be saying to them during that time. It is certainly natural to react that way, acknowledge it's real and apologize where you need to.
HUGS
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/11 5:43 am
Gaby,

I really enjoyed your company...you were so well organized ...I wish I had you around when I was getting organized for my DS. Wow. Keep smiling it will get better!
Mike Terry
on 4/1/11 8:04 am - Staffa, Canada
 I equated my mood swings when I started my fast to the process of grieving the loss of my favorite foods. You know - Denial, Anger, ... finally acceptance, etc.

Gabygee
on 4/1/11 11:02 am - Canada
You know what?
I think you are ALL correct in your assessments of why I was such a B*&% today.

What a great group you all are! Thanks a lot for the reassurance.
And some great suggestions about how to just chill out  (love the bath idea)... after all, there are people suffering real torment and pain at this very moment, and what am I doing?

Wallowing, that's what.

Thanks, guys!

Most Active
Recent Topics