Cancellation Lists (TWH)

pinkjellybean
on 4/7/11 8:45 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
They are currently working on September referrals at TWH so as I have always been expecting I probably won't hear a peep until late fall but since I work downtown literally two blocks from TWH I was wondering if TWH had a cancellation list I could go on.

I was thinking if someone cancelled last minute and they wanted to fill the spot with a local person?!  Do you think they do this?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

gigglesAlot
on 4/7/11 9:54 am
Absolutely!. . . . . That's a good idea.  Both my best friend and I asked to be put on the cancellation list at TWH and we had surgery within 4 weeks.  It was just enough time for our Optifast to be ordered and our two week Optifast journey to be completed.  
 Sandi's, going2Bthin's, surgery was a week before mine.  We were both thrilled by the speed in which we got through.

Good Luck
Barb
Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
pinkjellybean
on 4/7/11 10:00 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Wow 4 weeks?!?!  LOL

That's a lot faster than I imagined!  How long had you already been waiting when  you did this?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

gigglesAlot
on 4/7/11 10:27 am
I don't think this timeline is true any longer.  Sandi and I got through the whole process absurdly quick.  It was mindboggling how fast!  Our orientation was the middle of April and we completed all of our appointments by the middle of June. . . . then we waited for the Optifast order, put our 2 weeks in and then surgery. . . . . . .there was probably a week of waiting in there too.  My friend was about a week ahead of me.. . . . . her surgery was July 19th and mine was July 26th.

My thoughts are that we were one of the last groups to get through the process before the registry 'kicked in" and more people were re-routed to TWH.  We were just lucky to slip through easily.  Regardless. . . . . .I think that being on a cancellation list is a good thing.

Barb

Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
koree
on 4/7/11 10:38 am - Toronto, Canada
My original appointments were spaced so far apart that I actually kept calling them asking if there was any cancellations - it's a good way to speed up the appointment process
Koree
July 13th, 2010 - Orientation at TWH.....  July 29th, 2010 - Bariatric Nurse Appt.....   August 10th, 2010 - Social Worker.....  September 8th, 2010 - Nutrition Class & Dietitian Appts.....  September 13th, 2010 - Psychologist.....  September 23rd, 2010 - Dietitian and Social Worker meeting with Hubby.....  October 12th, 2010 - Follow up with Social Worker.....  November 5th, 2010 - Met Surgeon - Teodor Grantcharov....  January 7th, 2011 - PATS.....   January 20th, 2011 - SURGERY!! 
Got me an Angel - Leanne1

PatXYZ
on 4/7/11 12:45 pm
I'm also going through TWH, I was referred Nov 11th and am still awaiting my orientation letter. I spoke to them today and while you can take cancellations for the later appointments, you can't do that until after you've done the orientation and there is no way to speed that up as it is done by referral date. They said the average time from orientation to surgery right now is about 4 months. Average time from referral to orientation though is 6-7 months, so 10-11 months total from referral to surgery on average.
sheppardvines
on 4/18/11 12:13 am - Oshawa, Canada
Most Active
Recent Topics