initial paperwork from hospital

wanttobeslimtam
on 4/19/11 12:28 pm - sault ste. marie, Canada

Question for everyone, I recently called TWH and pushed and got my orientation date by phone.  Now i'm wondering what is in the package that you receive from the hospital before your first appt, or do you get a package, or is it just a letter stating here's when orientation is and when and where.  Now if you got a package how soon before your orientation did you get it?  Cause if i should have one, and need one i'll have to get in touch with them to see where mine has gone (kinda like my referral).

thanks in advance everyone

referral sent August 2010  orientation May 25 nurse June 30  social/nut Aug 16 

psych/nut aug 23 meet the surgeon sept 9 surgery November 24

onikenbai
on 4/19/11 3:51 pm - Canada
I received mine from HHRH about a week and a half before the orientation.  They also had extras on hand at the orientation for those who hadn't received theirs in the mail.  I got a questionnaire about 15 pages long that was pretty detailed, and a brief outline of bariatric eating, which wasn't so detailed.  They also sent a questionnaire to my referring doctor separately.  I wouldn't worry too much about paperwork as it always catches up with you eventually.  They have to have both questionnaires complete before you move forward so even if you do miss getting yours and pick it up at your orientation instead, if your doctor hasn't completed theirs and sent it in, you are stalled.

Janet13
on 4/19/11 4:46 pm, edited 4/19/11 4:47 pm - Toronto, Canada
I had my orientation at TWH, I didn't get anything beforehand, I received all the info at that first  meeting.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Tracey H.
on 4/20/11 9:45 am - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I had my orientation in Windsor and received all of my paperwork at the end of the orientation, along with 4 appointments.

Tracey
Most Active
Recent Topics