can I share a silly OT thing I always wanted to do and finally did

coconut01
on 4/27/11 10:03 pm - Canada
Well I am going to anyway LOL.

One thing I always wanted to do was donate my hair to one of those hair for cancer places.  But I always thought they only took virgin hair and needed at least 12 inches of it.

Well with all my new hair coming in and getting sick of the half thick half thin look I got a hair cut and my hair dresser said I could donate it, I had 8 inches to cut off, I said what, no way.

He said they only need 6 inches and that they take treated hair too, so I finally got to do something I always wanted to and donated my hair!!!! I am so excited, I really hope they can use it, and I got a super cute cut too:)

I promise to post pics soon, I love my cut.
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

Karen M.
on 4/27/11 10:07 pm - Mississauga, Canada
8 inches?? Jeebus H.  I've been growing my hair out for 2 years as I thought it was at least 10 inches and I haven't been adding any high/low lights either! Gah!  Which organization took your hair at 8 please?  My hair is out of control. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joyce J.
on 4/27/11 10:24 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Karen

I was thinking the same thing because I knew you said you had stopped treating your hair and have been growing it out.
Can't wait to see your new cut

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

imagenthat
on 4/27/11 10:11 pm - Bolton, Canada
That is awesome!  Can't wait to see the pics.

Traci

Joyce J.
on 4/27/11 10:25 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Sue

That's great. Can't wait to see the pics

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Karlalala
on 4/27/11 10:45 pm - London, Canada
That's awesome that you were able to donate!  If i ever decide to cut my hair all off I would definitely  donate if i could!  i know it means so much to the people who are able to receive real hair wigs.....so much more natural looking than the synthetics and not nearly has hot to wear from what i hear!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

jdance
on 4/28/11 12:31 am - Canada
good for you.
Thats a nice thing to do.

coconut01
on 4/28/11 1:31 am - Canada
thanks guys, I will try to get a picture up soon.  I really like it so far.

Karen I went and asked him I think said it was 'perfect solutions"  but I cannot find it. he said it was a salon that takes donations.   So he just dropped it off on his way home last night.
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

Karen M.
on 4/28/11 2:10 am, edited 4/28/11 2:35 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hmmm... thanks. I'll look into that.  I think I'm going to go through Pantene.  I have more than enough length to donate, but have been growing it a bit longer to give myself a little extrra leftover on my head. LOL

ETA:  For anyone else who may be interested in donating your hair to create wigs for cancer patients, information from the Canadian Cancer Society can be found here:

http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/Support%20Services/Hair%20d onations.aspx?gclid=COPekYnNv6gCFUMUKgodiyRduQ

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 1:37 am - Toronto, Canada
What a great thing to do for someone else.  I love threads like this
Most Active
Recent Topics