central registy info help please

coconut01
on 5/11/11 12:32 am - Canada
Hey all, I have a girlfriend that is looking to get a referal in.  I never had to go through the central registry here.  Could someone please post the contact info if they have it so I can pass it on to her.
Thanks ladies:) ( and Gents)
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 1:05 am - Canada
Her doctor has to refer her.  It is done at:

http://www.bariatricregistry.ca/
coconut01
on 5/11/11 1:30 am - Canada
thanks so much:)  I know she had to be refered, but back when I did it you just refered right to a surgeon.  thanks again:)
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

Robin H.
on 5/11/11 2:12 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
The refferal goes into the registry from the Family Dr or GP and then the registry decides what assessment centre they will be reffered to based on thier location and then after the refferal is recieved by the coresponding assessment centre the assessment centre will call or send a letter with an invitation to an orientation.  Each assessment centre has a surgical site associated with it so where you have your surgery is based on that as well.  EG Thunder Bay assessment centre sees patients from all over North western ontario and all of Thunder Bay's refferals go to StJoes Hamilton for surgery.  I hope this explained the process a bit better.

Most Active
Recent Topics