Slowly but surely

Wishing_Hoping_Nee
ding

on 5/16/11 3:19 am - Canada
Okay so I had my surgery in January 2011.  I was full of big dreams and plans.  Well the Powers that Be have decided to laugh hysterically at my "plans" and teach me a little patience.

Its been four months and I've lost a big whopping 43 lbs.  It sounds better if you subtract it from my highest weight which was in December 2010 which makes it 73 lbs.  I must admit to being disappointed but when I stop and think about it I realize its okay.

This weight didn't go on in 4 months it took me 42 years to do this to myself.  In that case I'm doing good.

I have MS and haven't been able to exercise as much as I had hoped to.  In that case I'm doing good.

I have a terrible time getting all the water in but the swelling in my ankles is always a reminder to "get ér done" . In that case I"m doing good.

I haven't lost anymore hair than I had already lost ( I started going bald in my 35 year!). In that case I"m doing good.

My kiddo is just pleased a*****h that we bought season passes to Canada's Wonderland cause I can now ride more rides.  In that case I'm doing good.

I can keep up to the little brat better.  He's not so pleased at  being caught now when he runs away from me though!  In that case I"m doing better.

We're going camping together at the end of May.  In that case I"m doing better.

All in all I think I"m really doing okay.  Sure its not like I dreamed but it sure is better than it was.  Every day is a new day and I'm learning more and more and working my tool for all I'm worth.

I"ll get there eventually might as well enjoy the ride.

Debby

Surgery Jan 11/2011, Optifast started Dec.21/10    
Monica M.
on 5/16/11 3:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
The biggest thing i've learned throughout this whole process is patience. Patience getting the referral, getting through the process, and now patience with the weight coming off.

Good for you, for realizing the good things that are happening, not bemoaning the rate at which they're happening.

sueberman
on 5/16/11 3:23 am
I think you're doing great - even if it comes off slow it's still great.  And yes patience is a virtue in WLS.

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

jdance
on 5/16/11 3:31 am - Canada
You go right ahead and count those pre surgery pounds, it all counts in the end.

You have the right attitude about it. It won't make a hill o beans difference this time next year, so enjoy the ride.

Gabygee
on 5/16/11 6:07 am - Canada
I have to say that I really admire your attitude.

It doesn't tak a lot to get us fat chicks down, we're always ready to accept the blame for any lack of progress on ourselves. And we really shouldn't be that way.
So what if we don't drink as much as they tell us to? We'll learn, we'll get there. It's not liek we're stupid.
So what if the weight melts off of our frames slower than we imagined it would? Who cares? We are losing those deadly pounds, and every pound gone is a little quality - and quantity - of life added.
When my energy is low, like today - first day back at work and WIPED - I tend to bemoan my lack of blinding speed , and I am such a turkey for feeling this way.

You reminded me that we ought to be proud for overcoming the crappy cards we may have been dealt in life. 
We should be grateful that we were given a chance to make the best decision for our own well-being that anyone can make.
Adn we should hold our heads high for taking a chance and grabbing life by the balls - we have lives to live, and goshdarnit we're going to live it!

Thanks for posting - you're an inspiration!

And tell your young'un you're hot on his heels!

Karen M.
on 5/16/11 6:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics