hello how is everyone doing/feeling today?

Joanne J.
on 5/25/11 2:18 am - Canada
Hi all

Well i started to make some small changes, Ive signed up  gym membership yesterday and i have been going so far and am  also making small changes in my eating habits. Last few months Ive been craving chocolate and eating it, I Have cut down on that too because i feel like am gaining more weight and I'm feeling not so good.

I also started eating salad which i don't do very often all this week Ive just started making small changes and i feel so good especially since i started exercising..boy what a difference a few steps make.

so i just wanted to update you all and hope that just letting you know Small changes makes big difference and i hope everyone is doing well and keep doing what you doing it really helps.

Joan x

Joyce J.
on 5/25/11 2:32 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Joanne

Good for you, you are doing great.
I am cutting carbs and sugar out of my diet. Not easy, but I am determined

Have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Joanne J.
on 5/25/11 5:50 am - Canada
Good for you Joyce it ain't easy at all carbs and sugar are my weakness it use to be just carbs i just soon started craving chocolate(Hershey) lol..

but we can do it just lets persevere through this and will overcome..

take care Joyce :)

Quinns_mommy
on 5/25/11 2:48 am
Good for you ladies!!

I'm feeling good today. Having tuna with FF mayo and some pickle for lunch - it really feels great eating healthy! I'm not noticing much of a difference in the FF version of things, which is nice! I've also been staying active - doing 30 mins and 1.25 miles on the treadmill every night - never thought at my highest weight I could walk that fast for that long!

Today is my 3rd wedding anniversary, and I am just thinking about how much I love my husband for being so supportive of me in my WLS journey - I am truly a lucky woman.

xoxo

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Lisa3756
on 5/25/11 3:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
Happy Anniversary!!  It's great you have a good support system.

I just wanted to give you a word of caution about fat-free stuff, they often compensate with added sugar.  I'm sure you're reading the labels but wanted to give you a heads up!!

Sounds like you are doing fantastic.  Am looking forward to being where you are someday!
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Quinns_mommy
on 5/25/11 4:44 am
Hi Lisa. Thanks for the tip! There is 2g of sugar per serving (1 tbsp) in the FF Miracle Whip, so we are good! Thanks! Also no carbs and only 15 calories! It's pretty good considering it's fat free.

And your time will be coming soon! I can feel it!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Joanne J.
on 5/25/11 5:45 am - Canada

Just 2 days and i know how exactly how you feel too already..
that's good that you staying active i do 30 Min's too in the gym dont want do more i cant handle
Congratulations on your anniversary and your husband for standing by you must and will make this journey easy for you not many of us can say that but am truly happy for you and you are not only lucky but blessed by god and your family..

I also want to purchase a treadmill too to keep in my home so in case sometimes i cant go there i can come home and do it..i think it would be a good investment..

Good luck on your journey.

sam1am
on 5/25/11 6:03 am
Joanne, thats a great start for you!  It bodes well that you will be a success, keep it up!

Happy Anniversary Rebecca!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

allmylife4
on 5/25/11 8:11 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12
Keep up the great work Joan. I went for a leisurely walk today, nothing too hectic but a nice steady pace along one of the capital's trails. I spent 40 min outside walking around it was such a beautiful day. My knees are kinda feeling it, but it was worth it. A treadmill is a great investment if you commit to using it. I myself know that I would waste my money. I bought a really nice fancy exercise bike and it sits and collects dust. Maybe I should try it again. Good for you to have the motivation to do all the changes before surgery, you will do very well.

ps. Happy Anniversary Rebecca.

Julie    
Joanne J.
on 5/25/11 9:09 am - Canada

Thanks julie and sandy.

Most Active
Recent Topics